• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Footballer; stroke was roughly 200~250mm longer
TUT- 34 seconds, rep's 19?

body builder; much shorter stroke
TUT- 40 sec's 33 rep's?

wasn't counting or lost interest.

the interesting thing is the TUT.

Counting reps is not a good measure of strength

Footballer; stroke was roughly 200~250mm longer
TUT- 34 seconds, rep's 19?

body builder; much shorter stroke
TUT- 40 sec's 33 rep's?

wasn't counting or lost interest.

the interesting thing is the TUT.

Counting reps is not a good measure of strength
I can see that you hold much interest to this aspect to lifting we now call TUT. I'm also interested in it, however you seem to focus a lot on the micro view of it, where I seem to focus on the macro view of it. Yet, we both appreciate its benefits. By micro view, I mean your focus is on the rep cadence/time etc. My macro view on it focuses on the overall set rather than the individual rep instead. Taking this a little bit further, I see an advantage in applying the macro view over the micro one when taking overall volume of work completed into consideration.

It seems to me that because of slowing the rep down and making it one's prime focus, one loses out big time in the overall scheme of things, no different than seeing the forest for the trees. In other words, the rep itself, becomes the limiter, the bottleneck if you like. My question is this: why create a bottle neck when you have another option at your disposal?

Last edited:
I can see that you hold much interest to this aspect to lifting we now call TUT. I'm also interested in it, however you seem to focus a lot on the micro view of it, where I seem to focus on the macro view of it. Yet, we both appreciate its benefits. By micro view, I mean your focus is on the rep cadence/time etc. My macro view on it focuses on the overall set rather than the individual rep instead. Taking this a little bit further, I see an advantage in applying the macro view over the micro one when taking overall volume of work completed into consideration.

It seems to me that because of slowing the rep down and making it one's prime focus, one loses out big time in the overall scheme of things, no different than seeing the forest for the trees. In other words, the rep itself, becomes the limiter, the bottleneck if you like. My question is this: why create a bottle neck when you have another option at your disposal?

Fadi; I'm ( and I have a little time to respond) interested in all aspects of lifting, all methods work, I'm not blinkered I think.

my comments on the presses in the vid are just observations, the bodybiulder had really good leverages for the exercise, the distance moved was a lot less than the footballer.

but I'm adding that the BB is not necessarily stronger than the footballer, in fact I would say (all things being equal) the footballer is stronger because he needed to push the weight a lot further than the BBer.

i noticed your comment in your log.
Don't worry about what people think, if you enjoy what you do and you are building, then that is all that matters.

weightlifting is not about just one dictum, I think this forum has moved past this.

To that person you mentioned in your log, it's far better to name, names as opposed to just being vague, especially when there is only a handful of active people here lol.

Fadi; I'm ( and I have a little time to respond) interested in all aspects of lifting, all methods work, I'm not blinkered I think..
No one is suggesting that you're blinkered for one moment Andy, and to say so would be disrespectful, something I don't do with well respected members such as yourself sir, and I know that you're aware of this fact. If by any chance my post here (or in my thread) was understood by you in any way as being less than polite, positive, or in anyway negative, then I have no problem apologising to you Andy, as you know you've always had my respect here since day one back in 2009.

i noticed your comment in your log.
Don't worry about what people think, if you enjoy what you do and you are building, then that is all that matters.
That person went as far as deformation of character Andy, and he thinks he's gotten away with it, as nearly 100% of that forum members believed his BS. You're right though, I can take a different attitude to this whole episode and just move on (as I have) , without paying him another thought or consideration. Perhaps I'll take your advise on that my dear friend.

weightlifting is not about just one dictum, I think this forum has moved past this.
Again, I fully agree.

To that person you mentioned in your log, it's far better to name, names as opposed to just being vague, especially when there is only a handful of active people here lol.
He comes and goes. He's not your regular Ausbb contributor since a while back and not just now. I keep on reading that Ausbb only has few active members, yet it doesn't feel that way to me, at least not yet.