• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Axx

So I bought some lifting shoes, and wanting them to last, decided to implement some type of platform.

1 sheet of 15mm plywood 2.4 x 1.2, cut down to 1.1 to slot inbetween rack base.

1/2 tin cabot's cfp floor polyurethane. 3 coats for the top, sanded inbetween. 2 coats for the bottom, no sanding.

some camping mats I had from around the house.

some sandpaper and a bit of time

003.jpg

004.jpg

012.jpg

010.jpg

Whatever you do, make sure that what is under your shoes is rough and dry as opposed to smooth shiny and slippery. I nearly split my legs in half back in 2010 when I got back into some Olympic weightlifting. You'd think things would change and improve (for the better) from the early 80s to 2010..., but I didn't like (and still don't like) the smooth surfaces that are applied/used in today's lifting platforms. Just because something feels perfect when nice and dry, you'd want it to be just as nice and perfect when it has bit of chalk, perspiration, or both on its surface. So be aware and be careful is my message to you. Thank you and all the best with your lifting and congratulations on your new lifting shoes.

Last edited: