• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
AN OVERWEIGHT woman looks unrecognisable after shedding half her body weight and becoming a stunning bikini competitor.

After losing 52kg, Donna Gillie, 30, now proudly takes to the stage to reveal her hard work and her new svelte figure.
Donna began her health journey when she found even sitting at her work desk was uncomfortable.
1736ac2499f8076647b741ff715f0d30

Donna Gillie now. You’d never guess she once weighed 104kg. Picture: Wayne Forrest / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

As a teenager Donna admitted she overate and was shocked when she graduated college weighing 104kg. Determined to get fit, Donna joined the gym and started exercise classes which helped her ditch 32kg over two years.
However she hit a plateau and had to kick her bad eating habits too — adding more fruit and veg to her diet. Eventually Donna hit her target weight of 52kg, hired a coach and entered her first fitness competition in 2014. She’s been competing ever since.
Donna, who lives in Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia, Canada, said, “I began to struggle with my weight in my early teens. I knew early on I struggled with food — I always overate.
“My trigger foods are with no question sweets. I love chocolate, ice cream and cheesecake and always will. My turning point when I really decided to make a change and get healthy was at about the age of 22.
“I remember sitting at my desk at work at my new job and feeling very uncomfortable, and at about 230 lbs (104kg) and 162cm it’s no wonder that was the case.”
8b05d11e3075cbd0b073c587442d8e3d

Now Donna is happy to flaunt what she’s got. Picture: Wayne Forrest / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

bc0b3ec302768e145b707dbcc4da5580

Donna used to weigh an uncomfortable 104kg. Picture: Donna Gillie / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

Donna took up Zumba, step class and body pump. Then she began running and signed up for 10km races.
She added, “I began with small steps, I didn’t actually change the way I ate until fairly far into my fitness journey.
“I guess you could say I hit a plateau — so I started to change the way I ate. I watched my portions and ate more fruits and veggies, less packaged food more whole food.”
9760c266bc54109c3276b116d7395257

Donna now. Picture: Wayne Forrest / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

She admitted being nervous the first time she stepped on stage at a fitness competition but praised her coaches who helped prepare her.
“I entered not because I wanted a plastic trophy or any recognition but something for myself — to prove to myself I could shape my body after all my hard work losing the weight I wanted to build my body.
“I truly enjoyed the process. I was 52kg the day of my show — exactly half the woman I was when I started working out.
“Losing weight has changed my life in only positive ways. So many people have come up to me and said I made them want to make a change and they ask for advice.
“I always tell them my path and to keep a positive mindset because that alone can work wonders.
“The fitness community is often thought of as very superficial but to be honest it a great support system and social atmosphere.”
Donna is currently preparing for her third bikini show in December.
4f5d028385d5938a971ae134b30aa1c2

In competition mode. Picture: Donna Gillie / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

f95f72dea521cacc849b5e38886db3f6

Before. Picture: Donna Gillie / Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

It’s a stunning transformation. Picture: Wayne Forrest / Caters News Source:Caters News Agency

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fi...l/news-story/da975f8be2451ef78260d07707c38cfa

Good on her, very admirable effort indeed. It's worth mentioning that when people read something like this:
Donna took up Zumba, step class and body pump. Then she began running and signed up for 10km races.
...that they would realise that it was not the Zumba; neither the step class/body pump, nor running 10km races that did it, as these are mere tools. All Donna really did (in my opinion), was change her attitude, that is all. Again, well done.