• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
anyone experienced a torn rotator cuff? how long did it take for you to recover? , what exercises did you do to help?

in all my years of factory work the only injury i really got was chemical burns, now working in IT i find myself with a torn rotator cuff after dropping a UPS

Well, there is injured and there is torn. A torn rotator cuff need surgery. It won't heal by itself.

An injured rotator cuff will respond to ART massage and remedial work. It will take a few sessions and, with the remedial work, will take a few months to come right. Its mostly fibrous tissue so it takes longer to heal.

If it's just injured. A good physio, dry needling and rehab work if what you'll need. Plus a few months as its a bitch of an injury.

Torn, sorry bud, surgery is the only option and rehab will take months.

Sorry admin; but lifts heavy weights week in week out, nek minnit drops a computer and rips shoulder muscle :p

Who said IT guys were geeky?

I have to disagree with the comment re surgery. I had a 12mm X 4mm tear in my supra last year. Saw three surgeons and all 3 recommended surgery. Was scheduled for surgery in Jan this year and cancelled with 2 days notice. It is about 80-85% better. I am benching again, not heavy but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

physio did little, what helped was REST and PRP, I had two PRP injections over 2-3 weeks.