• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
W

willie

Who knows about Rogue's SML racks and either of these? They all appear the same except branding...

Crossfire Multi Assault Rack from GymDirect
SPX Rack from AussieStrength
URS Top Grade Rack from UrbanRX

After reading a bit online I'm now just looking at the SML-2 or 3 and this other rack.

Mainly wanting to know about build quality. Have read of some racks/cages having some kind of partial welds. GymDirect have a test report on their page which states it's safely rated for plenty more than the SML racks. It has a larger footprint so should be more stable I'm guessing. But this rack is sold by a bunch of different stores and branded as whatever they want which means it's asian made and probably lesser quality.

Any thoughts? They've been available since 2012 from reading forums. Anyone had one for a while?

Would any of you spend more and buy the Rogue instead?

Last edited:
I have the rogue S2 rack and it's awesome. High Quality, great foot print for my single garage.

I've seen both the Gymdirect and Urban RX racks; they are bigger than my s2, they felt heavy duty and would be able to handle anything I could throw at them. There are a bunch of folks using muscle motion or force USA racks which are all coming out of china, so I don't think it's something to concern yourself about.

Gymdirect have a solid reputation.

I think Sam's fitness also do an ironmaster half rack (USA brand, China produced) you could look at for $750 or a German squat rack for $1.5k

Iron Edge did the same rack for $1.7k