• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Markos Markopolous - his internet evangelising and the old PTC newsletters got me interested in real strength training, not doing babby's 5 day split like all the other bros, it gave me a sense of direction when I first started training (and it's how I found AusBB).

Rippetoe, not from a programming point of view and I'm not a fan of his squat method, but his videos are overall useful

Jonnie Candito - had been spinning my wheels with squatting, deadlifting and 5/3/1 in general, I found his form videos to be exactly what I needed, and have made good progress with his generic programming.

Honourable mention goes to the competitive PA lifters I've spoken to or trained with in person.

Markos Markopolous - his internet evangelising and the old PTC newsletters got me interested in real strength training, not doing babby's 5 day split like all the other bros, it gave me a sense of direction when I first started training (and it's how I found AusBB).

Rippetoe, not from a programming point of view and I'm not a fan of his squat method, but his videos are overall useful

Jonnie Candito - had been spinning my wheels with squatting, deadlifting and 5/3/1 in general, I found his form videos to be exactly what I needed, and have made good progress with his generic programming.

Honourable mention goes to the competitive PA lifters I've spoken to or trained with in person.
Fuck. How did i overlook Markos!

Probably No.1.

PA lifters? very interesting people also, although seldom is a word said by many of them on the internet. Would love to hear more from Robert Wilks. Can any of you PA lifters get him on AusBB?

I love the internet; a great source of information. On AusBB, I particularly like training insights from Fadi and goosey, although do not always agree.

Fuck. How did i overlook Markos!

Probably No.1.
Big fan of Markos, and I have never even met him
Always has time for the little guy. Stand-up dude I can only imagine

Going full homo [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION]; with your help to newbies like myself years ago. Humble strong kunce
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; also of the same tune.

The three people in this post are prime examples of what keeps new generations pumping in

PA lifters? very interesting people also, although seldom is a word said by many of them on the internet. Would love to hear more from Robert Wilks. Can any of you PA lifters get him on AusBB?

I love the internet; a great source of information. On AusBB, I particularly like training insights from Fadi and goosey, although do not always agree.

I don't think there's many actual powerlifters who still post here at all, let alone PA ones.

When there were not many barbell coaches (either PL or WL), forums were among the better sources of information for new lifters. Now there are more decent coaches, so forums are relatively less useful. As well, the tolerance of general stupidity tends to put serious lifters off.

There is generally a higher percentage of powerlifters on a particular forum when they are generally trying to drum up business.

These blokes are not really interested in discussions.

I don't think powerlifters and oly lifters are generally very good at giving good advice on the best way to safely add muscle and flexibility

There is generally a higher percentage of powerlifters on a particular forum when they are generally trying to drum up business.

These blokes are not really interested in discussions.
This is true, unfortunately.

I don't think powerlifters and oly lifters are generally very good at giving good advice on the best way to safely add muscle and flexibility
The masters lifters are a bit better with this. The perspective of someone who's been doing it a year or so is less useful, particularly if they've been juicing.

Last edited:
But more often than not we all go to places like this for validation lol.

if we don't receive that we get all ćunty and move on.

Why would an Olympic weightlifter be remotely interested in muscles, or rather, the addition of muscles?

What do you mean?
You made a statement saying that weightlifters are generally not good at...
good at giving good advice on the best way to safely add muscle
That made me curious, as to like, since when weightlifters were interested in adding muscles? Look Andy I may be wrong here, but from what I know about weightlifters, only the odd ones out talk about muscles or stand in front of a mirror looking at their muscles. Back when I was lifting, weightlifters made fun of bodybuilders for the way their strength did not match the way their muscles looked. Perhaps things have changed now with weightlifters..., wanting to add muscles to their frame, I'm genuinely not aware of that new attitude (if it does exist).