• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the body building or power lifting section, so I just put it here.

Not sure if such a program exists, but I was thinking the other day while driving to work for an hour, I might give Squats and Deadlifts daily a run for a little while and see.

My thoughts were, light day alternating with heavy day, plus one other exercise.

So it might look like this:

Heavy Squats (1-6 reps) / Heavy Deadlift (1-6reps) additional exercise eg Bench

Light Squats (8-20 reps) / Light Deadlift (8-20 reps) additional exercise eg Press

Etc Etc

Or would I be better off:

Heavy Squat (1-6 reps) / Light Deadlift (8-20 reps) plus additional exercise

Light Squat (8-20 reps) / Heavy Deadlift (1-6 reps) plus additional exercise

Which one would be better, and what rep range for the additional exercise?? I was thinking 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps?

Would I be better off doing Deadlifts first or Squats first?? Or alternate?? Would it matter??

I want to start this after I get back from my holiday which starts on Saturday and only goes for a week.

I have been doing Squats and Deadlifts every second day (Alternating) for the last few weeks but mainly been doing them fairly light 8-15 reps, no heavy work. Done with additional lifts in the same rep range, just to grease the groove or condition the body, not really for gains as such.

Any SENSIBLE feed back from those that actually lift rather than just troll Body Building Forums or pointer towards an existing similar routine that may already exist would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm the first admin I'm no expert on this topic. However here are some interesting videos and tips on what you're trying to achieve.

The second option is better, you'll be quite fatigued after the first exercise and a lighter set to follow ideal.

deadlifting first would be wise you need a fresh back to take advantage of this exercise.

lifting daily with the deadlift is risky, pace yourself.

The second option is better, you'll be quite fatigued after the first exercise and a lighter set to follow ideal.

deadlifting first would be wise you need a fresh back to take advantage of this exercise.

You 're trying to get off his list aren"t you

Did Deadlifts today followed by squats, in the higher rep range, seemed to be OK. That was after doing deadlifts yesterday and squats the day before.

Might go again tomorrow, than no training for a week anyway, as I will be away on R&R for a week.

Too smart and old to hurt myself, so no worries about pacing myself.

I'd have at least one day per week rest.

Something to consider, and probably something I will end up doing after going six days straight.

Not sure how long I will do it for, as I might get bored with it, hoping for some hyper-adaptation to take place, ie shock the body into some new gains as it goes into survival mode. Will probably concentrate on ensuring that I meet my nutritional needs and get plenty of rest (sleep)

I'm the first admin I'm no expert on this topic. However here are some interesting videos and tips on what you're trying to achieve.

I would love to watch them but I don't have the internet to do it, as it would burn up my months limit.

The joys of living in a remote location...

Might watch them when away on holidays, pretty sure the place we are staying will have free wifi and I am taking my iPad......:cool:

Yeah, once you start feeling tired and progress halts, then it's time to reasses and take enough time between workouts to enable recovery