• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Why would it not be tasty just because its cheap? Or the inverse, what makes flavour expensive?

Grow a little herb garden, use some sauce etc. Doesn't have to break the bank

I suppose i should have included a fourth variable; effort.

The above would assume the same amount of effort, which was minimal.

@El Testicle; Have you tried this?

4a9eba4f-613b-48ca-b5f6-f5c3defef08c.gif

I am personally on a low budget but my food bill is usually only $20 a week due to shopping at markets and stuff. I also eat loads of lentals, chick peas and beans. I even make my own sauces and soups.

I merely bought this up as I personally consider my diet healthy and yet I hear people complaining that healthy is too expensive. I really don't get it. .

$20 a WEEK:confused::confused::confused:

Seriously what would you buy for $20 a week? I will spend more on making a single meal at times.

$20 a WEEK:confused::confused::confused:

Seriously what would you buy for $20 a week? I will spend more on making a single meal at times.
Canned beans (chick peas, red beans, white beans etc) are around a dollar. If you go to asian groceries the rices is about $2-3 but its lasts me ages. Potato bags can be about $2-5 depending on size, type and sale. I also est a bunch of pasta. Then I will go to farmers markets. The other day I bought a weird fruit thing and no joke I was given a box of tomatos, 15 cucumbers and a whole heap of other stuff for free. But generally fruits and vegetables are cheap. I am a vegan do I dont need to buy expensive things like meat. My rice milk is a little pricy at almost $2 a letre. I am also cooking for one and make bulk amounts of food so I can put it away for lunches so I dont have to buy food when I am out.

You have started lifting. Your food bill will go up. And your ideas of what is healthy may change. I've never seen a vegan go far with lifting, I mean they don't even make it through novice linear progression. Vegetarian, yes, vegan, no.

Last edited:
Canned beans (chick peas, red beans, white beans etc) are around a dollar. If you go to asian groceries the rices is about $2-3 but its lasts me ages. Potato bags can be about $2-5 depending on size, type and sale. I also est a bunch of pasta. Then I will go to farmers markets. The other day I bought a weird fruit thing and no joke I was given a box of tomatos, 15 cucumbers and a whole heap of other stuff for free. But generally fruits and vegetables are cheap. I am a vegan do I dont need to buy expensive things like meat. My rice milk is a little pricy at almost $2 a letre. I am also cooking for one and make bulk amounts of food so I can put it away for lunches so I dont have to buy food when I am out.

That is some serious budget shopping.

I understand that it's cheaper to not buy meat, as a single meal of marinated BBQ Pork ribs can cost me $20 just for me, that is buying from butcher and marinating and cooking at home done by me and around $50 for the family (two adults two kids).

I don't really find fruit and veggies cheap, they are expensive out here IMO and often poor quality. So looking forward to moving back to the coast and closer to proper green grocers, as they are definitely cheaper.

Personally I think you would be better off looking at saving money elsewhere rather than the most important thing to sustaining life. Mobile phone bills, internet etc is one thing most can cut back on.

I am not sure what your motivation in this is, or your personal financial situation, but personally I would rather spend my money on a nice dinner that a phone bill.

Last edited:
... but you have posted in other threads that you buy coconut milk, coconut cream, Prana protein which is like $60/kg and those awful macro veggie burgers....??

... but you have posted in other threads that you buy coconut milk, coconut cream, Prana protein which is like $60/kg and those awful macro veggie burgers....??
Prana I bought at world vegan day (november 1st) while I was still working. The cans of coconut milk, I buy all in bulk but I hardly buy them any more ever since I started making my own sauces. Haven't needed it and I prefer my own sauces made from broccoli stalks and such. Same with the veggie burgers. I think I have a pack still. I used to buy them on the sales (while I was still working (stopped working in Dec) and so I still have some. They are like a treat food. There was that time where I was eating them all the time but I'm trying to clean up my diet and budget since my savings have depleted. I am even looking at having avocado rarely. But it's only for a few months while I'm at school. I'm obviously a bit of a spontaneous person at times but I'm treating this as a learning experience. It's seriously do-able. Hence why I'm concerned about people claiming that eating healthy is expensive.

That is some serious budget shopping.

I understand that it's cheaper to not buy meat, as a single meal of marinated BBQ Pork ribs can cost me $20 just for me, that is buying from butcher and marinating and cooking at home done by me and around $50 for the family (two adults two kids).

I don't really find fruit and veggies cheap, they are expensive out here IMO and often poor quality. So looking forward to moving back to the coast and closer to proper green grocers, as they are definitely cheaper.

Personally I think you would be better off looking at saving money elsewhere rather than the most important thing to sustaining life. Mobile phone bills, internet etc is one thing most can cut back on.

I am not sure what your motivation in this is, or your personal financial situation, but personally I would rather spend my money on a nice dinner that a phone bill.
Are you implying my dinners aren't nice?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBq3SPCJgvx/?taken-by=cristy_ella
I love markets though. If you go around lunch hey are practically giving things away. The risk is less verity.

I cry when I buy avocados in NT.
$4 a damn fruit

When I was at Uluru when the cyclone wiped out the bananas in qld in 2011 they wanted to charge me over $4 for a banana. ?

Thats the only time I will accept that it was hugely expensive.

I cry when I buy avocados in NT.
$4 a damn fruit

When I was at Uluru when the cyclone wiped out the bananas in qld in 2011 they wanted to charge me over $4 for a banana. ?

Thats the only time I will accept that it was hugely expensive.
Ikr. I usually eat an avocado a day and now I can't. I am looking at trying to grow some. Do you have a climate to do that? There is a lot of tutorials on how to prep the seed. Also apparently you can eat the seed and it's highly nutritious.