• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Maria Sharapova: 'I failed a drug test'

A LEADING anti-doping authority claims Maria Sharapova was “reckless beyond description” amid revelations the Russian was warned five times in December to stop using Meldonium.

Sharapova was contacted on three occasions by the International Tennis Federation and twice by the Women’s Tennis Association with warnings Meldonium would be outlawed from January 1.

The alerts were sent to all players.

The former world champion continued to use the drug, apparently unaware it had been placed on the banned list after failing to properly open email links.

Sharapova’s ignorance drew sharp condemnation from former World Anti-Doping Agency president Dick Pound who says she has no excuses for the failed test.

c28b9f366c653fc05afc2849baf732b0.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/e...n/news-story/f42bf88350c307903fcd26769dfdd45d

The FDA (who may be sharing the same bed with WADA), is at it again so it seems, how pathetic! I feel that this is nothing more than pharmaceutical companies' cold-war equivalent of the US Soviet-Union cold war of old/and new as we're witnessing in Syria.

So what we have here is a drug (?) that is supposed to look after your heart. Mmm, reminds me of Co Q10 (which I take), except the latter is not made by some Eastern European country such as Latvia.

I remember when back in the 70s and 80s the herb milk thistle was very popular with the Soviet Union/Bulgarian/Eastern European countries' weightlifters..., to counteract the ill effect or stress placed on the liver by such orals that have gone through the process of C17-Alpha Alkylation. I'm thinking Dianabol here of course. Thank God milk thistle is not banned. What's next?

Politics is revolting I find, but sports' politics is utterly sickening.

A December 2015 study in the journal Drug Testing and Analysis argued that meldonium "demonstrates an increase in endurance performance of athletes, improved rehabilitation after exercise, protection against stress, and enhanced activations of central nervous system (CNS) functions.

You've got to be joking right?! The same people who have banned this so called drug Meldonium, have allowed something that also stimulates the CNS to its core. What is that substance? Caffeine! Just in case Ausbb was not aware, caffeine was banned for 20 whole years (and you could have been thrown out of the Olympics) between the years of 1984 and 2004. The ban has been lifted. Why? Not because caffeine has suddenly lost its ergogenic effect, but because the testing of it is not (has never been) precise—the amount of caffeine you consume that passes into your urine varies between individuals.

I've only touched on caffeine and its well known effect on our CNS. There are still the increase in endurance performance of athletes, improved rehabilitation (that's recovery for you) after exercise claimed for Meldonium. I can think of more than few natural substances that can deliver such effects, and I did mention just one of them, namely Co Q10. I'll leave it here for now.

not pathetic at all, she is a cheat and got caught. End of story.

No need to confuse global politics with a case of an athlete defying many warnings to stop taking a deemed PED.

I've always wondered how Sharapova could hang with the heavy hitters like those Gorillas the Williams Sisters. It's like a Middleweight trading with a Heavyweight.

Is this the reason? I hope not.

I think a lot of them would have been pushing boundaries, Sharapova would not be alone, although others may not be as stupid by ignoring warnings.

Yeah, I think we need to inspect Serena and Venus Williams' clitorises to determine if they are suffering from enlarged clitorises due to PED usage, right [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION];

I like the body language and the "supportive words" of Serena and the other tennis pros who gave their thoughts on the situation. They acted like they just dodged a bullet. They're also keeping their words short and sweet as it's a matter of time before they may have to eat them.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...before-sharapova-tested-positive-claims-pound

Pound’s comments follow the release of a study into the use of meldonium at last year's European Games in Baku, which revealed that the substance was present in 15 of the 21 sports on the programme for the inaugural edition of the event.
The report was co-authored by Klaus Steinback, chair of the European Olympic Committees Medical Commission, and contributed to WADA's decision to move the drug from its monitoring programme to its prohibited list.
A total of 66 out of the 762 athlete urine samples provided returned a positive test for the substance.