• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What are your 3 biggest frustrations when it comes to Power/weight lifting or Strength training?

What strategies have you tried in the past that have and have not worked for you?

1. Getting hurt/injured - like right now sitting at home limping around with the leg wrapped up like a mummy. You take the usual precautions with form and not ego lifting in the gym but sometimes shit happens that is beyond your control. Take a deep breath and realise its only a minor setback and use that as motivation to work even harder when I can literally set foot in the gym again. I know I am itching to go back thats for sure.

2. Not getting enough sleep - this one annoys the shit out of me. After a deadlift session all you want to do is have a nice bout of shut eye to maximise the recovery process but when the body/friends/phone have other ideas that can fly out of the window real quick! Always have a backup plan ready in situations like this. I wouldn't know how I would be able to deal with this without my sleep toolkit that knocks me out faster than georgie foreman damnit.

3. Mobility - I have always had tight muscles and tendons so this took a fair bit of work. Learned heaps from mobilityWOD, equipped myself with rumble roller, lacrosse balls, PVC pipes and stretch bands, then went to town every day for months on end contorting myself into a pretzel until I kneaded and pulled my body into submission. It still takes daily effort to maintain and work on bits that I have neglected. The first time I could touch my toes I had tears of joy (and pain) flood my eyes!