• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
Does anyone know about bloods? This is my iron section. My teacher who is training in nutrition feels I have a lot of symptoms of anaemia but the only thing out of wack is transferrin. How do you get this in your diet? My research says that it's supposed to be formed in the liver.

was currently desired range unit
Ferriton: 35 19 15-165 ug/L
Iron: 22 21 7-27 umo1/L
Transferrin: 2.2 2.3 2.5-3.8 g/L
Transferrin Sat: 40 36 13-47 %

Also as soon as I ate the chicken 7 or so bruises popped up on my leg calf. That is why I was originally put on a vegan diet. My doctor is sending me to a haematologist but the appointment isn't till July. So don't worry I am seeking medical advice. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to boost the transferrin. Everything else is just to paint you a clearer picture.

This is sort of how my legs are looking. I'm not taking a picture as I haven't shaved my legs. But these are my legs from 26 weeks ago
https://www.instagram.com/p/6_J6QupguR/?taken-by=cristy_ella

Since you had these bruises similar 26 weeks ago or whatever, did you eat chicken then as well?
No but they seem to happen with a few things like standing for long periods of time. This was after a 14 hour shift hairdressing.

[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ; did you guys happen to watch the Richard Hawkthorne deadlift post on showdownhero's log? Basically saying keep it away from the shins. Has a slight bit of conflicting info from everything I have been told

@Repacked ; @Jungnaut ; did you guys happen to watch the Richard Hawkthorne deadlift post on showdownhero's log? Basically saying keep it away from the shins. Has a slight bit of conflicting info from everything I have been told

I watched that vid ages ago in some thread, it's a good vid. You don't want your arms to swing once the weight comes off the ground so your shoulders and arms should be as aligned over the bar as possible. I don't consciously keep it close to my shins, I never notice they're thrashed until after. How close the bar is to your shins probably has more to do with your bodily dimensions, assuming form is constant.

I watched that vid ages ago in some thread, it's a good vid. You don't want your arms to swing once the weight comes off the ground so your shoulders and arms should be as aligned over the bar as possible. I don't consciously keep it close to my shins, I never notice they're thrashed until after. How close the bar is to your shins probably has more to do with your bodily dimensions, assuming form is constant.
Yeah the whole setup like most lifts I think is determined by the lifter and leavers. This is just the first time I have actually seen/read someone say keep it away from the shins in comparison to the cue of dragging it up, and just found it interesting

Yeah the whole setup like most lifts I think is determined by the lifter and leavers. This is just the first time I have actually seen/read someone say keep it away from the shins in comparison to the cue of dragging it up, and just found it interesting

Most recommendations are to set up the bar over your mid-foot. If it's right against your leg the bar will swing out when it leaves the ground, and vice versa.

I thought keeping it near the shins was to help with stability. But I guess it you are able to keep it stable and away you can work different muscle groups.

I thought keeping it near the shins was to help with stability. But I guess it you are able to keep it stable and away you can work different muscle groups.

The idea is not to waste energy holding it in a position but to drag it up as straight, and for want of a better word neutrally, as possible.

That video [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; is talking about was in the deadlift thread wasnt it? I remember it as well, it explain basically 3 setup positions all slightly different depending on the individual, ie: long legs long torso, short legs long torso, or short legs short torso.

That video @Repacked; is talking about was in the deadlift thread wasnt it? I remember it as well, it explain basically 3 setup positions all slightly different depending on the individual, ie: long legs long torso, short legs long torso, or short legs short torso.

If it's the same one it was posted on here over a year ago. Pretty sure it's the same one. Animal Nutrition Beyond the Basics series.

^ Yes thats much better than the Hawkthorne video as it clearly shows how different leverages between people changes the setup position ever so slightly. Hawkthorne has long arms in relation to the rest of his body so he can cheerfully drag the bar up away from his shins and keep his scapula directly over the bar. Someone with t-rex arms will have a bloody hard time if they try and copy that.