• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whatcha need Reidley is a nice slab of wagyu beef that's tender and juicy AF, grilled to medium rare so its meaty juiciness bursts in ya mouth as you gnaw at its succulentness.

But like Annie said before we drop any further culinary bombs get your MFP up and running. I know its a hassle to log everything you eat but after a week or so it will become second nature and it will take piss all time to complete.

How did you cook the chicken??
I hated breast because I made it dry. Learnt how to do it properly and it was divine.

Not salmon. Thats all farmed as well.

Ehh Salmon from Aus is farmed in Tassie, and i do know the farms there are the best ones in the world. Salmon does take some work to do just right though so it may not be the best fish to start out on. Any 'Fish and chips' shop would be a go-er.

You don't need to eat meat in big chunks. Cut into smaller bits and have it in a stir-fry with vegies, a curry or pasta sauce, that sort of thing.

You don't need to track macros etc at this stage. Guys, the lesson here is that in food as in training: one step at a time. Telling someone new to it all to track macros is as useful as telling them to squat 100kg. It's just not going to happen. Yeah, yeah, I know you did it. You're that guy who was eating crap and doing nothing then woke up one day and changed everything instantly, oh and of course nobody helped you, either, pulled yourself up by your own boostraps and all that. I mean all those other people, who succeed by taking one step at a time. And that's okay. Progress is progress.

The first step for this young woman is to start eating meat and fish. Whatever kind she likes, in whatever amount she likes. Just have some meat or fish each day. This will be better. And better is good.

Mmmmm flake.
beabc70f006dd2249b25dd2be5ea4667.jpg

You don't need to eat meat in big chunks. Cut into smaller bits and have it in a stir-fry with vegies, a curry or pasta sauce, that sort of thing.

You don't need to track macros etc at this stage. Guys, the lesson here is that in food as in training: one step at a time. Telling someone new to it all to track macros is as useful as telling them to squat 100kg. It's just not going to happen. Yeah, yeah, I know you did it. You're that guy who was eating crap and doing nothing then woke up one day and changed everything instantly, oh and of course nobody helped you, either, pulled yourself up by your own boostraps and all that. I mean all those other people, who succeed by taking one step at a time. And that's okay. Progress is progress.

The first step for this young woman is to start eating meat and fish. Whatever kind she likes, in whatever amount she likes. Just have some meat or fish each day. This will be better. And better is good.

I have to disagree on a few points.

She has posted many threads with conflicting information regarding her diet -including asking for macro help, info on soy, stopping vegan, wanting to do a cut and then saying she has a carb overload....
She should track (app/ food diary, whatever) so we can help her with her questions -dont worry about macros yet but lets see what is actually being consumed here. MFP will just be helpful in sharing, viewing and later on more detailed information when she has learnt some basics.
One thread her breakfast was smoothies a different thread she said only potatoes.
Keeping a diary so she (and we) can start seeing patterns and what her nutrition actually consists of is really going to help us help her.

You have been pretty outspoken regarding your *opinion* on veganism Kyle but saying the only thing she needs right now is to eat meat helps zero of the issues she has raised thus far. It may be beneficial but you don't know what she is eating now to diagnose that it is a solution. Is she going to eat meat in addition to those potatoes and beans and smoothies and prana shakes or what will be subbed out?

Everytime the answers get conflicted she starts a new thread and we start over.

Sorry for referring to you in third person Reide.

I have to disagree on a few points.

She has posted many threads with conflicting information regarding her diet
That's why the approach needs to be simple. The conflicting information and questions on quite basic matters show a lack of knowledge and experience. People who lack knowledge and experience, even more than the rest of us, need to take things one step at a time - so they can learn.

Remember that the right approach for you - with your knowledge and experience - is not necessarily the right approach for someone else.

As I said to you in another thread, Reide, this is what a competent trainer does: we meet you where are and progress things from there.