• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You kunce are all old enough to remember the hysteria when the Japanese were buying all our beaches in the 80s. We were about to be overrun and what happened? They decided that it's easier to visit and they sold out leaving behind a lot of development.

I can promise you that China does not know more about producing food in Australia than we do so they will spend their money, develop our industries and finally work out that food is cheaper to buy than it is to produce. At that point they will cut their losses and go home.

Don't sweat it, it's not a long-term issue.

I don't think we have much to worry about. An Australian dairy of this magnitude and in this location would be like the crown jewels to the Chinese. Especially at this time. I'm sure they'll look after it in the meantime.

Last edited:
You kunce are all old enough to remember the hysteria when the Japanese were buying all our beaches in the 80s. We were about to be overrun and what happened? They decided that it's easier to visit and they sold out leaving behind a lot of development.

I can promise you that China does not know more about producing food in Australia than we do so they will spend their money, develop our industries and finally work out that food is cheaper to buy than it is to produce. At that point they will cut their losses and go home.

Don't sweat it, it's not a long-term issue.
No.
Please elucidate on which beaches they bought and sold back.
Did the government buy 'em back?

No.
Please elucidate on which beaches they bought and sold back.
Did the government buy 'em back?
Haha. I know you are old enough, maybe you weren't paying attention. Cairns and the Gold Coast is what I was talking about. Foreign ownership was going cause all sorts of problems and it didn't happen.

I think [MENTION=10068]bull[/MENTION]; is referring to the Joh Bjelke-Petersen days when Joh was selling off Qld to the Japs. I think that was a bit different though. Weren't the Japs buying the land (cheap) to start Resorts ie to earn an Income. Aren't the Chinese now buying the Land as an Investment - more of a long term thing?

Haha. I know you are old enough, maybe you weren't paying attention. Cairns and the Gold Coast is what I was talking about. Foreign ownership was going cause all sorts of problems and it didn't happen.
Are they the ones Mr Okimura bought? ???

Last edited:
The decision wont be reviewed because the result may taint future land sales.

And that was from scott morrison.

Definitely something dodgy going on there. At least the kiwis knew how to run a dairy farm. the chinese are gonna run it into the ground.

Maybe when the do run it into the ground it'll be worthless and then Aussies buy it back at much cheaper price........PROFIT!!!!!

Where's Baz in all this? .. thought he'd be all over this edjukating us kunce about what should happen.

.. Personally, and I'm no expert; I'd like to see more $$ thrown at the goat industry.

Some un-tapped potential right there.

Geographically and economically

our country is in a pickle, who are our allies, and who are our trading partners, it scares me sometimes.

Why are we in a pickle?

Tell me we aren't and why to make me feel better, seriously.

do you remember years ago I think it was the early 90's where our biggest trade partners in wheat was with the yanks?
that went real bad, they dropped us like hot scones.

I'm no economic brain, it's just what's happened in the past that I remember.

why can't we make great shoes, cars, clothes and export them around the world?