• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Senator Xenophon wrote to Treasurer Morrison last month urging him to consider the alternative bid consortium by Tasmanian businesswoman Jan Cameron, which matched the Moon Lake bid, and to query whether the same tax rules would apply to Moon Lake as an Australian investor (letters attached).

So the Aussie bid matched the Chinese bid it seems.
He had a hidden agenda the Kunt. ????

Maybe we need a Senate Enquiry or something.

Fuck it, lets have a Royal Commission!

party-venue-wicklow.jpg

interesting, we should take their money,. but make sure we are the ones that benefit say production, employment, exports and taxes.

I don't trust commos though, so hope this is not a state company.

interesting, we should take their money,. but make sure we are the ones that benefit say production, employment, exports and taxes.

I don't trust commos though, so hope this is not a state company.

It's not us taking a fistful of yen, it is a NZ owned company with pastoral leases in Tasmania. Local employment will benefit, and the company may well expand significantly as it will now have a direct line to the Chinese market. The buyer is a private Chinese businessman. I think Scott Morrison had input from a regulatory standpoint. He did not 'sell us out'. The sale was approved by all the relevant regulatory bodies FIRB etc. **It was not an Australian company**. Would it have been nice to have the company sold to the Tasmanian consortium? Yes. But it wasn't. Had it been sold to the other bidder maybe it would not have the expansion opportunities > local employment benefits > local economic benefits. We will never know.

It's not us taking a fistful of yen, it is a NZ owned company with pastoral leases in Tasmania. Local employment will benefit, and the company may well expand significantly as it will now have a direct line to the Chinese market. The buyer is a private Chinese businessman. I think Scott Morrison had input from a regulatory standpoint. He did not 'sell us out'. The sale was approved by all the relevant regulatory bodies FIRB etc. **It was not an Australian company**. Would it have been nice to have the company sold to the Tasmanian consortium? Yes. But it wasn't. Had it been sold to the other bidder maybe it would not have the expansion opportunities > local employment benefits > local economic benefits. We will never know.

concur with above if that is case.

I have since read local community supported chinese bid, but that was one article.

concur with above if that is case.

I have since read local community supported chinese bid, but that was one article.

Finding reliable information is half the challenge. There are conflicting reports of whether the Chinese bid matched or was in fact higher than the Tas. consortium's offer. As it was owned by a municipal body there would have been no NZX announcement. You would think there must be some public disclosure of the sale details though.