• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
Can exercise make you taller or shorter? I could imagine posture comes into play but I seem to have shrunk 3cm and I'm already happy meal sized.

Yes. This guy used to be 6 foot tall.

short-lifter.jpg

It can change your posture. It won't change your height unless you have a catastrophic back implosion.

Did Shrek put you up to this [MENTION=18530]Reide[/MENTION]; ?

:D

Proper Exercise will give you better posture and will help you maintain it as you get older, so in a way yes it can make you taller.
So if you continue to exercise you'll find tbat your friends at 50 onwards will all be shorter while you will have maintained your height.

C'mon play nice fellas.
Dont make me WK FFS.

I don't know what WK is.
I am questioning what this school is teaching and if the teachers actually have had any form of education. Some of these questions are really bizarre, and I thought I have read some weird ones on reddit's /r/fitness

I had shit (and i mean shit) posture as a younger man. I measure 184.5cm tall these days and my posture is what is call normal now. 183cm before haha. I used to slouch alot etc. But thats bit just exercise related, i put alot of effort into my posture haha

I don't know what WK is.
I am questioning what this school is teaching and if the teachers actually have had any form of education. Some of these questions are really bizarre, and I thought I have read some weird ones on reddit's /r/fitness
It was just a random thought that came into my head. Nothing to do with school

Her PT school is crap, however even if the school is good, the students are students. Some come in with a strong background in the area, some with none. Remember that in the general population there are plenty of people - including educated medical professionals - who think that situps will give you visible abs with no change in diet, that lifting heavy weights stunts children's growth, and that squats are bad for your knees. And so on.

One of the problems with the internet age is that it's so easy for us to get in little cliques, never talking to anyone outside those cliques, and getting the idea that's the whole world. This is why we have these violent arguments about low-bar vs high-bar squat, when in fact almost nobody squats anyway.

Remember there is a difference between ignorant and stupid. Ignorant means you don't know something. Stupid means you can't learn it. She is ignorant, this is why she asks questions. She's obviously not stupid.

[MENTION=2335]Kyle Aaron[/MENTION]; Makes sense, didn't really think of it as stuck in a sort of brainwashing/only taught one thing so believe it way. Definitely chose not to use the word stupid, stupid just does and doesn't question why.
That squat argument is amazing. I also enjoy clean vs dirty eating habits. And how low reps doesn't build any muscle, just strength

So I talked about how people online tend to insulate themselves into little cliques and communities, and pretend that's the whole world. Part of this is thinking that anyone who's ignorant or has a different opinion is just a troll. "But... how could you not know this? Fuck off out of here."

It's like that thing they used to teach little kids. "Stranger! Danger!" Grow up.