• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I was wondering the same. I don't know who would be testing based off a flawed BMI test. What about people with extra lean muscle?

A lot do it an use it as a base level entry, if you are over there are some choices depending on who it is, some ask for a skin fold, some you gave meetings, and some don't matter as long as you pass other fitness requirements

If she drops carbs and sweats it out she'll find on the day/night she'll bloat like a MF and feel like a slug. This is how I manipulate my body weight for events.

I'm real curious who the employer is (state or federal)

I could guess, but that's no fun.

Given the timeframe I'd probably ignore all the advice given that treats it like a cut or tries to preserve muscle because its a savage crash diet and the rules don't apply.

Does she have to remain within the BMI range as a condition of employment?

Intestinal flora and water is the best bet here to drop fast weight, it wont be fun and she will feel like death but it can be done, just hope she doesn't have to exert herself on the weigh in day.

To me it sounds like this person knew well in advance, didn't get off their ass to get fit. Now has to take drastic measures that will screw up their body in the short term. Like I said, next time be better prepared.

That's pretty helpful Steve.

Clearly Neddy's friend has asked for his help because she doesn't know, if she did we probably wouldn't be here.

Neddy is probably asking because it's a request that doesn't fit traditional methods of weight loss and unless you have a time machine there is no point carrying on about what she should've done.

OK, so a bit more information, she spoke to the people concerned.

She was going to be booked in for the medical Friday, but they said dont worry about it and gave her upto 6wks, she is basically going to do it properly, drop the 2 - 3kg and keep it off as it will be an ongoing requirement to a certain degree.

I think it was a lot of misinformation on the part of the other party and some panic on her part about the time frame everything had to be done by.

Plan now is to sort out diet, increase the cardio HIIT sessions and drop the weight properly, see how she is tracking in 2 - 3 weeks and get med done about 4 wks, the once completed and met weight/BMI continue with diet and cardio to drop a few more and maintain.

Cheers Guys

To me it sounds like this person knew well in advance, didn't get off their ass to get fit. Now has to take drastic measures that will screw up their body in the short term. Like I said, next time be better prepared.

Mate, she was prepared and trained for all the fitness requirements, during the whole process there was no mention of meeting a weight or BMI target, just the fitness requirements of the different components.

During the testing day she met and passed all physical fitness requirements easy, however, was asked to remain behind with others who failed some components, this was due to being over the BMI which once again was never mentioned, but was only over by 2 or 3kg,

Now she has 2 options.

1. Pay for skin fold test to be done at her expense, and im not sure what this proves or what targets she has to meet with this, except she was told she will have no problems passing by the people, which seems really weird to me, but thats another story.

OR

2. They have given her 6 weeks to drop the weight for the medical and come under the BMI target, so this seems to be the way to as it will cost her nothing, as she has to keep the weight off anyways.

Mate, she was prepared and trained for all the fitness requirements, during the whole process there was no mention of meeting a weight or BMI target, just the fitness requirements of the different components.

During the testing day she met and passed all physical fitness requirements easy, however, was asked to remain behind with others who failed some components, this was due to being over the BMI which once again was never mentioned, but was only over by 2 or 3kg,

Now she has 2 options.

1. Pay for skin fold test to be done at her expense, and im not sure what this proves or what targets she has to meet with this, except she was told she will have no problems passing by the people, which seems really weird to me, but thats another story.

OR

2. They have given her 6 weeks to drop the weight for the medical and come under the BMI target, so this seems to be the way to as it will cost her nothing, as she has to keep the weight off anyways.

If she has s gym membership she should be able to get one of the PTs to do a caliper test for free or minimal cost. Given that they will return a favorable result I reckon that's the way to go.

If she has s gym membership she should be able to get one of the PTs to do a caliper test for free or minimal cost. Given that they will return a favorable result I reckon that's the way to go.

Yeah she does, but the organisation requires it be done a specific place, which i do understand as skin fold tests vary between everyone who does one, so i think it makes sense to try and standardize it a little bit, but honestly i dont know much about the requirements of the skin fold part of it so cant comment too much on it, except it is at a specified location that the applicant covers costs, about $150 i think.

Now she has 2 options.

OR

Ok, no worries. I think most of us weren't very sure of the situation as you were being vague about who, what when, how, etc.