• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
Hey all. I'm trying to get to the level of a fully fledged pull up. I'm currently on 40kg on the assisted pull up machines. So how do you know when you are ready to move onto the resistant band? I'd imaging there are some stability muscles that aren't being worked on the assisted pull up machine.

Forget the assisted machine.
Use a step or bench to help yourself up and lower gently. Eventually you'll get stronger and be able to do unassisted pull ups even if its only 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Go full body with the pull up m'lady, once you're g2g with 1 *proper* rep you've earned a level up which means next time you go for 2 reps and so on.

Use the lat pull down machine as assistance work to help build up strength.

And for the love of zyzz, do not kip- ever.. just no.

You could just try it rather than ask us.
If you can't do it. Negatives as everyone has suggested.
With assistance from Lat pulldown.
Or assisted pullup machine (with lowering the weight each time)

Use your brain.
what you should have posted;

hi all, just did a search on this here at this forum and found a lot of great stuff, knowing myself I've decided to give (this) a go and I'll report back with my results.

any suggestions of course are welcome.

Oh and also please post a picture of the anatomy identifying and highlighting the stabilizing muscles bird brain.

im not being nasty

Tough love?

200.gif

A quick question for you eyebrows, have you tried doing a regular pull up? By pull up I mean palms down on the handles
And have you tried doing a regular chin up? By chin up I mean palms up on the bar

The goose is loose in this thread.

Yeah nah on the assisted machine, like pretty much every other person said, I only ever became able to do a pullup by doing negatives for weeks on end.

Forget the assisted machine.
Use a step or bench to help yourself up and lower gently. Eventually you'll get stronger and be able to do unassisted pull ups even if its only 1 or 2.

Wouldn't Lat Pulldowns be easier for a Bird, or is that not Politically Correct?