• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I just explained what I was eating to my teacher and she said I was carb overloading.

Maybe I have missed the point, but what do you mean by 'carb overload'? Are you referring to tiredness? Is the logic that large amounts of carbs are causing large peaks and troughs in your blood sugar, therefore erratic energy levels?

Don't let the number of responses that might be negative in nature overwhelm you. That's the nature of forums. You're addressing a number of individuals who will respond individually.

I think you need to realise from what people have said about your teachers that they don't sound like the most thorough going around and just because they tell you one thing, doesn't always mean that it is correct. Such as your deadlift ROM etc. Take the advice of people here then research it yourself. There has been plenty of information given that you seem to be glancing over, which all of us easily do.

Kyle as always posting the goods.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kyle Aaron again.

Ok hun what we are saying is unless you track what you eat you wont know if you are carb overloading.
And by track we mean tracking macros and calories, not listing your potatoes.
My weight machine doesn't actually seem to work. So tracking is difficult.
Google says one of the type of potato's I am eating has 64g. 64x12=768 grams in one meal. I also had onions, lemon pepper, garlic and oil in it too. A lot of my meals have heaps of carbs. I eat 3-5 meals a day.

You need to research.
If you want vegan look up the information these people provide. Educate yourself on the vegan lifestyle and how to meet your nutritional requirements.

Chrissi "veganfitnessmodel"
Jordan "consciousmuscle"
Fraser and Lauren "Plant Strong Fitness"
Simi Collins

If you are going to do it read up and do it right ✌

I think you need to realise from what people have said about your teachers that they don't sound like the most thorough going around and just because they tell you one thing, doesn't always mean that it is correct. Such as your deadlift ROM etc. Take the advice of people here then research it yourself. There has been plenty of information given that you seem to be glancing over, which all of us easily do.

Kyle as always posting the goods.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kyle Aaron again.
I'm not "giving it to Kyle" but I am aware that the reason he thinks my food sucks is because I am vegan (people attack me for it all the time in person and online even though I don't impose my views on everyone). He specifically said I eat shit food which isn't the case. I eat good food but I don't know how to apply my macros and nutrients. There is a big difference. He seems educated but that doesn't mean he is correct about my specific lifestyle.

As for my teachers, the teachers are great but they have to follow an educational curriculum given to them.

You need to research.
If you want vegan look up the information these people provide. Educate yourself on the vegan lifestyle and how to meet your nutritional requirements.

Chrissi "veganfitnessmodel"
Jordan "consciousmuscle"
Fraser and Lauren "Plant Strong Fitness"
Simi Collins

If you are going to do it read up and do it right ✌
unfortunately a lot of education is false because of people like Freelee.

Your food is vegan, so it can't help but be bad. Key nutrients will be missing, they always are. In this the vegan is little different from the typical Aussie who'll eat anything.

But really we know your food is bad because of your original post. "I feel crap after workouts" is caused by one or both of two things: bad food, or excessive workouts. From your videos I can see that you simply are not strong enough to handle enough load for it to be excessive. So that leaves food.

Questions:
1. have these intolerances been diagnosed by a competent medical professional? Or Dr Google? Or even worse, a naturopath?
2. fish and chicken? yoghurt and cheese?

This reasoning and this discussion is, by the way, what happens in the process of personal training. We just usually put it more politely with people who are paying $80-$120 an hour. I no longer charge that and this is free so I am more blunt, sorry.
First of all the videos showed very little of what I actually do in a workout. It was just some moves where I know my form falters. But I see where you are coming from.

1. I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance when I was child. The red meat intolerance (basically my body doesn't produce enough enzymes if any at all to break down red meat) was diagnosed by a doctor who charges $70 per visit and she was really good. this was late 2014. I actually cracked up at doctor google.
2. I can still technically eat fish and chicken. I can't eat yogurt and cheese without getting ill.

See thought I knew a lot but the more I research the less I know if that makes sence.
Do you mean you are realising you don't know much?

What do you need help with, are you still looking for a diagnosis of crashing after workouts or are you talking about diet now?

You got your issues diagnosed by a competent medical professional, well done. If you go onto a career in the fitness industry you will find this is actually a very rare thing. Most food "intolerance" - and veganism, for that matter - is simply a more socially-acceptable eating disorder. This is why women more often claim intolerances and choose veganism than men; it's not a different physiology or being more ethically aware or whatever, it's just "well this stuff will make me fat, and that is the worst thing in the world." That plus some anxiety issues usually covers it. An actual diagnosis or ethical choice is pretty rare.

I'm not "giving it to Kyle" but I am aware that the reason he thinks my food sucks is because I am vegan (people attack me for it all the time in person and online even though I don't impose my views on everyone).
I didn't say you sucked, I said your food sucked. This is not an attack on you. You are not your food choices. There is rather more to you as a human being than what you shove in your gob. I know that in these days of popularised eating disorders - "I'm becoming a fitness model! Look at my instagram account! Yay chia seeds!" - that it's trendy to consider that there is nothing more to you as a human being than what you eat, but that's bullshit and one day we will look back on these years and shake our heads sadly the way we do with 70s flares and moustaches. So it's not an attack on you, just your food.

I say your food sucks based on results. This is how I assess someone's diet:

1. are you feeling good?
2. are you getting stronger and fitter?
3. if you want your body to change, is it changing the way you want it to?

If the answer to all 3 is "yes", then your diet is perfect, I don't care if it's cigarettes and KFC, it's obviously working for you. If the answer to one or more of those questions is "no", then we need to change something. Yes, even if you "count your macros" and all that. Steer as you go.

You are not feeling good. You are not getting stronger and fitter. You've not commented on your body, let's assume you're happy there. But that's still two out of three "no". So your diet needs work.

Obviously there are other aspects to it all like sleep and training programme and medical history and all that. But diet is a very common issue early on in someone's gym career. We look for obvious solutions before the more obscure ones.

Last edited:
I get the feeling she hasn't covered macros and nutrients in her course yet or has done any real reading on the matter yet. 768g of carbs in one sitting? Farrrrk, thats 3 x my daily carb allowance. Bloody Savage :eek: