Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 25 year old male sick of being tired. Trying to find an empathetic specialist.

  1. #11
    -

    Array
    Darkoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,071
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought you of all people Mr Walker would be more understanding of the OP's problem






  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #12
    Borderline Kunce

    Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,150
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    I thought you of all people Mr Walker would be more understanding of the OP's problem
    why is that?


  • #13
    -

    Array
    Darkoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,071
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    why is that?
    You know depression and are on medication aren't you



  • #14
    Borderline Kunce

    Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,150
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hence i told him to forget about trt, its not his test levels


  • #15
    -

    Array
    Darkoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,071
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    hence i told him to forget about trt, its not his test levels
    How do you know?



  • #16
    Borderline Kunce

    Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,150
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the fact that his test is in range?

    trt isnt some miricale cure for all that ails you, most of it is pharma marketing


  • #17
    -

    Array
    Darkoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,071
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    the fact that his test is in range?

    trt isnt some miricale cure for all that ails you, most of it is pharma marketing
    It may be in range but it doesn't mean it's in range for him
    And what's the point of this so called pharma marketing when it's so bloody hard for a bloke to get prescribed test.
    I'm not saying that it's a cure all for everyone but this "within range" propoganda is bullshit



  • #18
    addwater
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    you could have anything from depresion to a food alergy, to a genetic illness. or you could be imagining it all. if the dr says your test is fine, it is fine. it called a range because everyone is different.
    When you've attempted to change every possible lifestyle and environmental factor for the better, including diet, it's extremely hard not to draw a conclusion such as this when every single box for clinically low testosterone symptoms exist.

    I disagree about simply agreeing with your doctor when they're contradicted by every article and objective piece of material you've read - That's never a good policy in life. I've read an enormous amount of testimonies where doctors will simply laugh in the face of any man questioning his testosterone levels simply because he is within the general range ~300 - ~1100.

    What they're not considering is a) The point at which a man suffers clinically low testosterone side effects is not defined by an exact number and every man is different and b) They're not taking into consideration your age and overall health.

    There are so many factors at play here and many more tests to be conducted before I can conclude anything, but if my Total Testosterone levels are scoring 400ng/dl or lower, that literally puts me in the same bracket as an average 80 year old man.

    A quick google search will reveal dozens of scientific sources and personal testimonies to back this.

    Edit: I've also been perscribed anti-depressants in the past (SSRI's) etc. They don't benefit me.
    Last edited by addwater; 23-02-2016 at 09:37 PM.


  • #19
    Borderline Kunce

    Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,150
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addwater View Post
    When you've attempted to change every possible lifestyle and environmental factor for the better, including diet, it's extremely hard not to draw a conclusion such as this when every single box for clinically low testosterone symptoms exist.

    I disagree about simply agreeing with your doctor when they're contradicted by every article and objective piece of material you've read - That's never a good policy in life. I've read an enormous amount of testimonies where doctors will simply laugh in the face of any man questioning his testosterone levels simply because he is within the general range ~300 - ~1100.

    What they're not considering is a) The point at which a man suffers clinically low testosterone side effects is not defined by an exact number and every man is different and b) They're not taking into consideration your age and overall health.

    There are so many factors at play here and many more tests to be conducted before I can conclude anything, but if my Total Testosterone levels are scoring 400ng/dl or lower, that literally puts me in the same bracket as an average 80 year old man.

    A quick google search will reveal dozens of scientific sources and personal testimonies to back this.

    Edit: I've also been perscribed anti-depressants in the past (SSRI's) etc. They don't benefit me.
    If it is in range it is not abnormal and unlikely to be caused by an underlying medical condition. should they prescribe med's for everything else where people are on the lower range of the scale? My bp and cholesterol are on the low side, should i get on some meds to correct them as well?

    as i said the symptoms you are complaining of could be caused by 1000's of things. please explain why YOU have decided that it is because of testosterone?

    If you have been on ssri's before and list depression as one of your symptoms. depression would fit all these symptoms, not to mention the symptom imagining some ailment and thinking trt is the answer and not accepting what your dr tells you.

    anyway what do you expect to happen? no endocrinologist is going to put you on TRT because you don't agree with them that your test isnt high enough lol.


  • #20
    Borderline Kunce

    Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,150
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    It may be in range but it doesn't mean it's in range for him
    And what's the point of this so called pharma marketing when it's so bloody hard for a bloke to get prescribed test.
    I'm not saying that it's a cure all for everyone but this "within range" propoganda is bullshit

    stfu what would you know about it? its easy as piss to get trt in the states, where most of the marketing is done.

    if its in range it means its not abnormal. having lower test than another man does not indicate some medical condition.
    Last edited by Johnnie Walker; 23-02-2016 at 10:08 PM.


  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •