• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
J

JackHart

I am after bumper plates with a reasonable weight tolerance (and not so fat you can only fit four of them on the bar) I know that there are places like gym direct which have sets for $500-$700, but you have to order online. The only thing closely similar on Iron Edge is almost $2k.

Are there other stores in Melbourne with reasonably priced bumper plates, that I perhaps just don't know about? I have been to heaps of stores, so far, none of them have bumpers.

Yea, I'll probably order gymdirect, but I was hoping to see if there were any locals. "

Actually I just noticed the spam banner ad has an ad for black bumpers. I didn't realise they were bumpers from the pic. I'll have to check them out.

Yeah, id be on the lookout for some good second hand ones, i just checked on Gumtree and there are quite a few in my local area for a reasonable price.

There have been some bumpers that come up on gumtree from time to time (I've setup an email alert), but they are usually only a small percentage cheaper than buying somewhere like gym direct, and usually look like they are beat up and have been kept out side ("minor rust" and so on).

I just bought 140kg of the black Pendlay Elites from MDAUS. They are clearing out their Pendlay bumpers so I got a ripper deal - $1000 delivered to my door!!! The Pendlay Elites are within 10g of marked weight and waaaay thinner than any economy bumper. If you're into quality gear, this is going to be your best option right now.

I'm pretty sure they have both the black and colored plates still in stock (even if the website doesn't agree) so if your budget allows, might be worth checking them out. Ask for Ben...

https://www.facebook.com/MuscleDriver-Australia-272296769464110/

I did a lot of research and looked at pretty much every option available in Oz and if I hadn't found the Pendlays, I would have got the Gym Direct ones. One thing I found though was that regardless of what any website shows, you can always get a way better deal if you ring up and talk to someone. That's how I got onto the Pendlays ;)

Good luck and let us know what you end up getting!

Yea, the sponsor banner (little Blake fitness) also have a firesale on there pendlay elite bumpers as well. A bit cheaper than your link. I went with these as they are cheaper than iron edge for the comparable bumpers. The comparable (width) bumpers at gym direct are slightly cheaper but they don't mention their weight accuracy, (pendlay elites are +\- 10g)

Given everyone's trying to dump their pendlay bumpers, I wonder what's coming next :)

Yea the sponsor banner (little Blake fitness) also have a firesale on there pendlay elite bumpers as well. A bit cheaper than your link. I went with these as they are cheaper than iron edge for the comparable bumpers. The comparable (width) bumpers at gym direct are slightly cheaper but they don't mention their weight accuracy, (pendlay elites are +\- 10g)

Given everyone's trying to dump their pendlay bumpers, I wonder what's coming next :)

Had a look on the LBF page but could only find the Penday plates in 10kg for $200 the pair, or $10 a kg + postage. I suspect LBF need to go through Muscle Driver as they are the australian importers for Pendlay. I got mine direct through muscledriver, 140kg for $1000, which is $7.14 per kg to my door!

Last edited: