• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Yes, how far into your cut (time length or bf% reduction progress) before you realised you can no longer progressively overload OR its affecting your training performance in terms of reps and sets?? And so begins the dreaded strength loss.

Or would it be reasonable to say that as long as the deficit isn't too drastic to begin with (say, 200kcal a day thereabouts) you could theoretically cut for many months on end and still progress by taking advantage of neuromuscular adaptations to the exercises you are consistently training.

Is it even possible to cut and maintain strength? I didn't think it was. That said, I think playing around with your macros can help. i.e. Retain protein intake at the expense of carbs, aka fuel for maintaining muscles, but drop the caloric intake from carbs.

My lifts per bodyweight would probably be up if not the same. The actual poundage is down slightly but I've dropped about 8kg.

Lost a lot more strength from having a week off than cutting....but I'd say my SU/EU stack has helped

So what happens when you finish your bulk, what then??

What the hell lol? It's the 2 steps forward 1 step back protocol. Or the 'making muthafukken gainz mesocycle' if you prefer. With every bulk and cut you should be able retain a little bit more lean muscular mass than the previous time.

My lifts per bodyweight would probably be up if not the same. The actual poundage is down slightly but I've dropped about 8kg.

Lost a lot more strength from having a week off than cutting....but I'd say my SU/EU stack has helped

8kg! How long did it take for you to lose that? And did you go on a drastic deficit to achieve this?

I've been able to keep intensity high but volume is down so far. AMRAP sets are not what they used to be, even with ep1c :rolleyes:

Yes, how far into your cut (time length or bf% reduction progress) before you realised you can no longer progressively overload OR its affecting your training performance in terms of reps and sets?? And so begins the dreaded strength loss.

Or would it be reasonable to say that as long as the deficit isn't too drastic to begin with (say, 200kcal a day thereabouts) you could theoretically cut for many months on end and still progress by taking advantage of neuromuscular adaptations to the exercises you are consistently training.
do it properly and you shouldn't.

With every bulk and cut you should be able retain a little bit more lean muscular mass than the previous time.
The name of the game here would be to be mindful of two things:

1. Do not starve yourself when cutting, and...

2. Do not go overboard so excessively when bulking.

Failing to heed this protocol would see you de-regulating the two most powerful regulating hormones you body has in its arsenal; namely leptin and insulin. Please have bit of a read here Re-Feed & Re-Lose and here Calories in Calories out my way! if you wish to go a bit deeper with this subject.

For further reading, please follow the link below also.

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/leptin-the-secret-key-to-getting-shredded

What the hell lol? It's the 2 steps forward 1 step back protocol. Or the 'making muthafukken gainz mesocycle' if you prefer. With every bulk and cut you should be able retain a little bit more lean muscular mass than the previous time.
Do you really believe that makes any sense

Do you really believe that makes any sense

I'm with Darko, the cut and bulk cycle tends to not work well for the average natural lifter.

They either end up fat as fuck bulking all the time. Or stave themselves on a cut and end up looking like a soccer placer.

Steady gain with lowish body fat works better in my opinion and realise how slow the weight gain needs to be.

So really even for a natural lifter it is agreed that a bulk cut cycle is still required to build muscle and mass, although with a longer time frame, instead of bulking to be fatty boomba and cutty to me soccer player thin and hence losing all your gainz anyway.....

8kg! How long did it take for you to lose that? And did you go on a drastic deficit to achieve this?

I've been able to keep intensity high but volume is down so far. AMRAP sets are not what they used to be, even with ep1c :rolleyes:
I think I started around August/September so it's nice and steady. No huge cuts, just a bit of IF which drops a few cals as I'm not having as many meals. Then started doing some cardio when the weight stopped coming off.

I reckon Str3ngth has helped a lot. Didn't think it was doing a great deal but I can still train well on an empty stomach