• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

So a year or two ago [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; came up with the rather alarming statement that "Grains are Poison". Is this true - are Grains Poison ........ like [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; said?

If you're a rat...

rat-poison-182051552-resized.jpg

So a year or two ago @Big Mick; came up with the rather alarming statement that "Grains are Poison". Is this true - are Grains Poison ........ like @Big Mick; said?

Still struggling with comprehension??

What I would have said going off memory was that unprocessed grains are poison to humans and can not be processed by the human body, and that they need to be pressed to become edible.

By the way I did not come up with it, pretty sure someone discovered it long before me, I only read about it.

Here it is explained in very simple terms that most should be able to understand.

http://rpmftns.com/grains-the-delicious-poison/

Last edited:
Numerous archaeology studies have shown that humans have been consuming grains for thousands of years. It's nothing new to our diet.

Numerous archaeology studies have shown that humans have been consuming grains for thousands of years. It's nothing new to our diet.

Does not change the facts that grains contain phytates, lectins and gluten all of which can and do cause issues.

Plus if you had done some research you would probably be aware that the current grain (wheat) that we grow today has only been created by genetic research in the 60' and 70's and that the grain people consumed thousands of years ago was very different to the grain we consume today. Modern wheat also contains gliadin which is an opiate, and I will let you research what it does to your opiate receptors in your brain.

For someone that micromanages their diet to the last gram you have not looked into what you eat too much based on your comments.

Plus you mention that humans have eaten grains for thousands of years, but fail to consider that evolution takes about one million years to adapt to changes like that.

are the grain in production the same as foraging in the forest???

are the grain in production the same as foraging in the forest???

No they are not, also have a look at the link I just posted, interesting reading for those that are willing to learn new things or consider new ideas.

In prehistoric times humans ate grains
In prehistoric times humans had short ass livespans!
So grain = poison ????

Does not change the facts that grains contain phytates, lectins and gluten all of which can and do cause issues.

Plus if you had done some research you would probably be aware that the current grain (wheat) that we grow today has only been created by genetic research in the 60' and 70's and that the grain people consumed thousands of years ago was very different to the grain we consume today. Modern wheat also contains gliadin which is an opiate, and I will let you research what it does to your opiate receptors in your brain.
Lectins and gluten are a protein that cannot be digested by 4 in every 1000 people. Chances are you're fine to consume them.

That link was making sense until he started talking about toxins. As soon as I hear/see that word, I know that person has no medical or nutritional background. His main argument is that we don't have the correct enzymes, despite that fact that we all digest grains fine. Like he says, it's been documented for over 11,000 years that humans have eaten grains. If we couldn't digest them 11,000 year ago and it made people sick (which would likely mean death), we as a species wouldn't have continued to farm them.

For someone that micromanages their diet to the last gram you have not looked into what you eat too much based on your comments.
No micro managing here. I follow a pretty simplistic and typical meal plan. Never calorie count or weigh my food.

Plus you mention that humans have eaten grains for thousands of years, but fail to consider that evolution takes about one million years to adapt to changes like that.
Exactly. If we could eat them back then, we can still eat them now.

Last edited:
Also, if you want to live like a caveman, you should be following an extreme intermittent fasting diet. Gorge on protein, fats, offal and bone marrow, followed by days of eating scraps that are starting to decompose.

Everything we eat contains things in small amounts that are poisons in large amounts.

Wheat was created by genetic research in the 60s-70s. Can you explain what you mean a bit better here

totaly wrong, evoultion certainly does not take millions of years.

Also, if you want to live like a caveman, you should be following an extreme intermittent fasting diet. Gorge on protein, fats, offal and bone marrow, followed by days of eating scraps that are starting to decompose.

Yep, Not to mention find and kill your own meat, no refrigeration. Forage for all plant sources of food. Insects were an important food source. Have the rival tribe down the river trying to kill you. And die at the ripe old age of 28 because you cut your foot and it got infected.

Gotta admit @Big Mick; is great value. He does contribute knowledge, humour and insults! REPPED!

Last edited: