• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

@Big Mick; reckons Oats are Shit, just horse feed he likes to say and he won't touch em.

Are Oats a good or bad source of carbs?

i find em good, but to be honest i never actually gone into scientific studies of pro and cons of said oats, i just know a lot of people eat em, they taste OK with a little honey and cinnamon powder, so i eat em.

Fwiw I prefer to use up my carb cals with nice tasting carb foods like potatoes, bananas and rice, not oats.

Last edited:
Well if Oats are god enough for Layne Norton when prepping for a contest and Rich Piana says they are the second best source of carbs a person can consume, that's good enough for me ;)

Well if Oats are god enough for Layne Norton when prepping for a contest and Rich Piana says they are the second best source of carbs a person can consume, that's good enough for me ;)
I'm not debating the quality. I dislike the taste and texture.

I don't mind oats blended in a shake and they definitely have nutritional value over a lot of other carb sources but I'd prefer a kilo of roast potatoes or the 750g bag of fried chips I will eat later to the equivalent in horse food.

I have a cup of oats most mornings blended in with some eggs, milk, protein and dash of honey.

I have blended up some oats in the blender so its almost powder like and keep in a tub at work. Sometimes I add this to my afternoon protein shake for some extra carbs.

In England, they feed oats to horses.

That's why the English have such fine horses.

In Scotland, the people eat the oats.

That's why they have such fine men in Scotland.

Last edited: