• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

136379-mitchell-pearce.jpg

Everyone of you here knows my feelings exactly regarding alcohol and our drinking Aussie culture. So what I'm about to share with you might come as bit of a shock.

1. Having a party in Australia is not against the law.
2. Drinking and getting drunk whilst in that party is not against the law.
3. Acting a bit silly and saying the wrong thing whilst being drunk is not against the law.
3. Not hurting anyone is most certainly not against the law.
4. Complying when asked to leave by the host when drunk is a bit surprising and should be applauded instead.
5. At what point do we lose our privacy and the freedom to do as we please behind closed doors (as long as no one is being hurt)?
6. With friends who can't wait to expose your behaviour when you're drunk (and not in public), who needs an enemy?!
7. So had it not been for mobile phone technology and the ease of which we can capture and expose, none of us would have heard of this, correct?
8. Is that what a capital society is all about, making money out of someone's misfortune?
9. Why do we expect perfect or normal behaviour from an intoxicated person as if he was fully sober and in control of all his human faculties?
10. Am I now suddenly defending the drinking of alcohol and its resulting consequences? No I'm not, however until someone can honestly convince me of the crimes this young (famous) man has committed, I say we're as a society of drinkers are no better or worse than he was on that occasion.

I welcome your views.

Last edited:
i agree he hasn't really done anything wrong, but it does look kinda bad for the game when they are trying to project a more family image. i personaly couldnt give a shit i thought it was pretty amusing and have seen alot worse

i agree he hasn't really done anything wrong, but it does look kinda bad for the game when they are trying to project a more family image. i personaly couldnt give a shit i thought it was pretty amusing and have seen alot worse
Your reply is very much appreciated thank you mate. And I'm sure in your line of work (and mine) we've both seen much worse behaviour than was displayed in that video.

You made the point about the proper image the sport is aiming to portray to the public. Well, that image that the game of football is trying hard to project to the public would be no more than a lie. I say that because footballers do not live in a vacuum that is outside of a normal Aussie society, but rather they live within it. For the game to try and make a separation between the two would be nothing short of being fanciful in the extreme.

The second point I'd like to make is this: why should the accused cop all the heat and the accuser(or exposer of the act) get away totally free? I could understand and appreciate if the culprit had committed some major crime, however when the crime is no more than a normal act by an intoxicated person, (saying a wrong word or displaying a bad gesture), then the exposer of that person (especially because of his fame) , should be punishable by law. Just because someone is famous, does not give the rest of us a license to abuse their privacy etc. After all, where the game is most interested in their image towards the public, they have gravely forgotten that the player (they're using to push that false image) is no more or less human then the public they're trying so hard to please.

For me, the player is bigger than the game and not the other way around.

the major problem the NRL has with how it wants its image to be, is that it is a pretty bogan sport and always will be. so most of this behavior i would say is pretty typical considering the players back grounds, as well as the majority of fans.

Media always take this bullshit out of hand. Rather than doing reporting on something it is easier to parade some crap around like this. Pretty sure I have seen my mates in worse condition than he was, there is videos of them as well, but no one gives a shit. Chris Gayle was another good example but on a different level all together

I agree with you Fadi, what did he do even wrong? He was drunk and acting a bit silly like thousands of other people on Australia Day. Like you said he left when asked to. For someone that was really drunk he was pretty good.

This is such an issue because media outlets paid nearly $100,000 for the video so they are going to beat it up as much as possible.

With the headlines over the story before I watched the video it sounded like he beat the chick up, raped the dog and then pissed all over the couch.

read some bints comments about how unacceptable that he didnt get up and leave the first time she said it. like who the fuck would just jump to their feet and walk out?

Most people that are blind will do anything to stay at a party. I was surprised how quickly and well behaved he left.

It was like 30 seconds from when asked to leave to when he did. I think he has shown he can behave pretty well pissed as. He didn't punch holes in walls, start smashing shit or fighting people.

Last edited:
If the same video was posted of a complete nobody doing the EXACT same thing, it wouldnt even rate a mention, noone would be "outraged" and it might be shared by a couple of his mates saying "look at what a dick "blahblah" made out of himself on the weekend"

Most people that are blind will do anything to stay at a party. I was surprised how quickly and well behaved he left.

It was like 30 seconds from when asked to leave to when he did. I think he has shown he can behave pretty well on the pissed as. He didn't punch holes in walls, start smashing shit or fighting people.

once got chucked out a party and smashed a hole in the wall on my way out, worst ive ever behaved on the piss!

I'm surprised the underarmhair and saggy tits crowd haven't had him drawn and quartered for stealing a kiss.

I give thanks every day that I grew up and got all my stupid out in the pre-camera phone days, can't scratch your arse today without 20 people filming it and anyone with the slightest bit of fame or fortune will probably have to sequester themselves in a monastery to avoid being set up/privacy violated/called horrible names and lose their job for doing things that the vast majority of people have done.

5. At what point do we lose our privacy and the freedom to do as we please behind closed doors (as long as no one is being hurt)?
6. With friends who can't wait to expose your behaviour when you're drunk (and not in public), who needs an enemy?!

This is the biggest problem. Grubby money hungry people will do anything for a dollar and media outlets encourage it.

Some so called celebrities take advantage, is that his house?
is he pissing in his own couch?
there is no right or wrong here just cause and effect and I agree what you do in your home is your business, hell, I piss in my washing machine all the time, I wash my clothes in the shitter as well

Doesn't even look to me like he was at a close friends house. Whoever's filming can't be too good a friend. These people get paid the big dollars to do fuck all and part of their contracts inevitably revolve around behavioural standards, not to mention sponsorship obligations etc. If they want to shelve speedballs and get fu*ked by 20 year old Estonian men while hooked up to a cow milking machine, fine; what people do in the privacy of their own home is their business and everyone has a right to privacy but if you cant keep your shit together in a scenario when you'r potentially vulnerable you deserve what you get. They get it all handed to them on a silver platter, the trade off is that you'r under increased scrutiny like anyone in the public eye. Worthwhile trade off $$? I think so. I have zero sympathy for these idiots who fu*k the golden goose.

Doesn't even look to me like he was at a close friends house. Whoever's filming can't be too good a friend. These people get paid the big dollars to do fuck all and part of their contracts inevitably revolve around behavioral standards, not to mention sponsorship obligations etc. If they want to shelve speedballs and get fu*ked by 20 year old Estonian men while hooked up to a cow milking machine, fine; what people do in the privacy of their own home is their business and everyone has a right to privacy but if you cant keep your shit together in a scenario when you'r potentially vulnerable you deserve what you get. They get it all handed to them on a silver platter, the trade off is that you'r under increased scrutiny like anyone in the public eye. Worthwhile trade off $$? I think so. I have zero sympathy for these idiots who fu*k the golden goose.
Such a confusing post, one hand you are saying he has a right to privacy in their own home, next you saying about increased scrutiny and fucking up, i dont see he fucked up at all, he was in a private residence, for whatever reason with whoever it was, certainly didnt look like he was unwelcome till later in the vid, then he did some silly shit while intoxicated in said private residence, then some dick trying to make a name for themselves is filming away for whatever reason, nekminit, everyone outraged at his behavior in a private residence, there has been no complaints made of him being drunk in a public place, offending average joe citizen on the streets, or anything of the sort.....

If he had of done some of these things in a public place then maybe some of the scrutiny is warranted, until then it should be the knucklehead filming who should be lambasted for making a private situation public.....

Not really. He picked the wrong time and place to behave like an idiot. Whether it is a private residence has nothing to do with it. It was a private residence with people he should have known better around. Not exactly his own home with family or your closest couple of mates. In the event that it was the home of an acquaintance or friend of a friend, well he's made a right c*nt of himself. Pissing on their couch lol.

Don't get me wrong, filming it and flogging it was opportunistic and poor form. I reckon the guy filming it was egging him on deliberately. You can't tell me that no one noticed him holding his phone the whole time. If I had to guess I'd say the people left at the party look pretty sick of Pearce by this stage. He just should have known better.

When you are in the state that he would have been in to seemingly being unaware you pissed on someones couch, i dont think he was thinking, i am in a safe place so i can fuck up and do as i please, or hell i am in someones place (who we dont know exactly who they are, so cant really comment) i dont really know so better sit here and say please and thank you to everything or and smile for the cameras.....

As i posted in another thread, if this exact same video surfaced about average joe nobody then it wouldnt even be rated a mention anywhere, check out youtube and there are probably 10000000s of worst videos of average joe nobodies doing worse stuff while intoxicated, yet nothing is even mentioned about this.....

No he wouldn't, but the error in judgement is that he got so maggotted around people he couldn't trust. Of course no one would give a shit if it was an average joe, but this is the trade off if you want to reap the rewards. It's not that difficult. It's a career like anything else. If you went to a work party and ended up behaving like that you'd be up for a talking to. The fact is if these kunce play their cards right they get gifted media positions, commentators positions, analysis jobs etc when they finish playing. Unfortunately for them part of their job involves off field performance also.