• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Today I did 3 X 1.6km @ 5.03/km pace @ 103.3kg

These shoes have given me a blister on my midsole now but they are feeling abit better.

16km run today @ 6.30/km @ 102.7kg

This is the longest run I have ever done so bit happy about it. I put on my old shoes and took it easy so I didn't get any foot pain. The old shoes tend to feel less bouncy I guess and found that I could keep a faster pace with the new shoes but I guess there is a trade off. I'll use the new shoes for the shorter runs and speed runs and hope they break in and use the old ones for longer distances.

All in all, happy with today and felt I could have kept going which is a good sign at this stage to know I have some extra kilometres in the legs.

Ran 20km today @ 6.25/km.

I found the wall today but was around the 17km mark so convinced the legs to keep taking the extra step. I was feeling really good around the 10km mark and made the mistake of cruising a little faster than I should. I got caught up in the middle of one of those park runs so may have tried to not look so slow at that stage which was a mistake.

16km @ 6.03/km.

BW = 102.7kg

Today I discovered gels. Every run I have done has been around 5.30 in the morning and on an empty stomach. Spoke to a running guru at work here and had a gel 15 mins prior to running and one about 45 mins into the run. Was definitely able to keep a better pace and nearly cracked the 6.00/km mark. Given that I usually start a run tentatively to get a gauge on how I am feeling, I'm sure I could bring that down. I have to do a 6km pace run on Thursday so will be interesting to see how I go.

Yesterday ran 24km @ 6.28/km

I think yesterday was the first day I started having doubts. I did manority of the run ok but struggled again the last few km's but the fact that I've only reached half the the distance and how I feel afterwards has me wondering how on earth I'm going to finish the 42km. I guess that's why you train for these things.

Get them negative thoughts out of your head.
Now go and train harder. Eat more, rest more, take more EPO or whatever you need to do to compete.

I went back out again.

18km @ 6.44/km

I intentionally went even slower, plus my calves were killing from the first step.
I've learnt that I have developed an ego running which is quite ridiculous really but when going on a long run I pretty much get overtaken by everyone and that includes the occasional grandad and some people who really don't look like they've ever done a workout in their life and my ego takes a hit and I'm sure theirs gets a boost.

This whole long running thing makes me think too much.