• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
J5BguXs.gif

Their primary role is to bring you up properly. Would you disagree with that? Bodybuilding is not even on my radar right now. I'm talking about the bigger picture. And the bigger picture (as far as society is concerned), is not about some bodybuilding contest I hope. However if you wish to include bodybuilding competition the way bodybuilding competition is today, then I'd ban the whole sport unless we come to our senses by not expecting bodybuilders (both men and women) to come in looking like they've just been released form a concentration camp.

Now that I've said that, please tell me what you would consider a woman's role in society to be? In other words, what can she do better than you and I can and excel at it? I contribute to my household, and so does my wife. Are we the same? No we're not. Are we equal? Yes we are. Equality and sameness are two different things. She breasts feed our little one and does things I can not do. Does that make me any less or her any more? No, we're playing two different roles here. Everyone has a role to play.

Nicely stated Fadi I couldn't agree more.

Their primary role is to bring you up properly. Would you disagree with that? Bodybuilding is not even on my radar right now. I'm talking about the bigger picture. And the bigger picture (as far as society is concerned), is not about some bodybuilding contest I hope. However if you wish to include bodybuilding competition the way bodybuilding competition is today, then I'd ban the whole sport unless we come to our senses by not expecting bodybuilders (both men and women) to come in looking like they've just been released form a concentration camp.

Now that I've said that, please tell me what you would consider a woman's role in society to be? In other words, what can she do better than you and I can and excel at it? I contribute to my household, and so does my wife. Are we the same? No we're not. Are we equal? Yes we are. Equality and sameness are two different things. She breasts feed our little one and does things I can not do. Does that make me any less or her any more? No, we're playing two different roles here. Everyone has a role to play.
I don't intend on having children and don't expect every modern female to either. If they want to pursue their career or dreams of becoming a world famous bodybuilder then who are we to judge?
That said, take the likes of Amanda Doherty as an example, has a number of children and still balances her physique career on the other hand.
Why should raising a family be their one and only role? Once a child is past say 6, 12 or 18 months, why can't the father be the primary carer of the child?

In this modern age, I wouldn't say most women are actually prepared to start a family at a young age anyway, so what is the harm in competing in a few competitions, bodybuilding or otherwise, until they are ready?

I don't intend on having children and don't expect every modern female to either. If they want to pursue their career or dreams of becoming a world famous bodybuilder then who are we to judge?
That said, take the likes of Amanda Doherty as an example, has a number of children and still balances her physique career on the other hand.
Why should raising a family be their one and only role? Once a child is past say 6, 12 or 18 months, why can't the father be the primary carer of the child?

In this modern age, I wouldn't say most women are actually prepared to start a family at a young age anyway, so what is the harm in competing in a few competitions, bodybuilding or otherwise, until they are ready?
Mate I honestly don't think anyone here is disagreeing with your point of view, but you seem to be going on the defensive for some unknown reason. I say that with full respect brother.

Not sure why we're even discussing equality here, fact is today's competive bodybuilding is an unhealthy pursuit for both men and women
No-one's saying tbat women can't do it, if they want to put themselves at risk then by all means go for it

Last edited:
Not sure why we're even discussing equality here, fact is today's competive bodybuilding is an unhealthy pursuit for both men and women
No-one's saying tbat women can't do it, if they want to put themselves at risk then by all means go for it

And most of them (too me) also look bloody awful.

Lol. Wtf. So women should be a baby factory and any other hobby or interest isn't seen as acceptable. Get with the times.
Meant to say mothers instead of women. I've already said that women have equal rights with men. End of story.

I think most here can accurately understand what was said. However, I may be an exception amongst the geriatrics of the site.