• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

In the 2016 Oscars, not a single black person was nominated, prompting many to boycott the ceremony next month. One of those boycotting will be Will Smith for example. Dustin Hoffman sees subliminal racism in action here and is not afraid to speak about it. It seems that the US is the US's #1 enemy. Racism is society's cancer in action.Iif necessary countermeasures are not put in place to prevent racist acts, sooner or later the cancer would consume the body from within.

I don't know about the Oscars, but on my visits to the US I never found the racism to be subliminal. It was about as subtle as an Aussie blackfellah township with no clean drinking water.

Maybe there just were't any decent black nominees this year
And there were years where black actors took away awards across the board, there were no complaints then

I thought the same thing, that perhaps this year there weren't any worthy African American actors, and that may be true. But listening to commentators who are involved in the industry, they basically said that these award shows are just a stonecutters club for rich whitey. No one else cares about them, no one else pays attention to the winners and most importantly, African Americans don't even watch the award shows.

So it's sort of like asking a country/golf club why there are no people from poor neighbourhoods in attendance. Well that's not their clientele, so there's no point wasting time to accommodate them. I know it's not a satisfying answer, but that's how it works from what I've heard.

and then next year when their is a crap load of black actors we will hear about reverse racism

And next year most of the awards could be won by short people, maybe it will be discrimination against the tall actors

I read what you're writing, but there's a professional element within that coloured community who are obviously finding these results a bit peculiar, hence they raising their voices about it. The race comment was made by a famous white actor (Dustin Hoffman), which gave it bit more weight I thought. I'm sure when all is said and done, people would see for themselves as to why there were no people of colour in the race for an Oscar... (no pun intended).

......... I'm sure when all is said and done, people would see for themselves as to why there were no people of colour in the race for an Oscar... (no pun intended).
Are you insinuating that people of colour can run faster than anglo saxons???

Are you insinuating that people of colour can run faster than anglo saxons???
:D good one. I wonder why we don't see blacks dominating the pool the way we see them dominating the track...any ideas on that one Darkoz?

:D good one. I wonder why we don't see blacks dominating the pool the way we see them dominating the track...any ideas on that one Darkoz?
I'm glad you have a sense of humour Fadi
But it does point out that simple truths do not always equal a racist remark because someimes it' just about biology and genetics, hence as a general rule, coloured people make crap swimmers.
Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone pulling the racist card about coloured men having big shlongs.

But it does point out that simple truths do not always equal a racist remark because someimes it' just about biology and genetics, hence as a general rule, coloured people make crap swimmers.
Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone pulling the racist card about coloured men having big shlongs.
Fully in agreement with you Darkoz.

Are you saying anglos are genetically better actors?