• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
So I was put on a vegan diet years ago due to medical issues. Long story.

Any way I have gained width and weight. 5cm around the waist and 8cm around the booty. Someone suggested that it could be fat from my diet. I am not a food person. I don't really do the calorie thing. So I figured I'd get some advice here.

Breakfast:
Smoothie with macadamia milk or water, generally 2 bananas, half a scoop of protien powder (prana vanilla) and every once in a while a few drops of vanilla

If I've worked out a chia seed pudding. 1 table spoon black chia and 1/3 cup of macadamia milk or water.

Lunch
I have been eating cous cous salad and the greens salad from sumo salad I think they may have a little oil but as a request by my teachers I'm trying to carb down and add fat into my diet. Before I had 0 fat.

If I make cous cous I put a few veggies and herbs through.

Coconut curry has coconut cream as a base with boiled veggies and stuff. 1 table spoon of 5 tastes curry paste. Served with vermacilli. Hardly have this though.

Dinner
Bean curd vermachilli with avocado, herbs and boiled vegetables.

This is just an example of a normal day. I used to just have fruit for breakfast and lunch (I fell into the raw till 4 trap). but the mid gain started with the fruit/soy products I was on. It would be awesome if you guys are about to help me out.

What are your goals? Weight loss / gain / maintain.
How many calories you aiming for?
What are your stats? Weight, heights etc?

What are your goals? Weight loss / gain / maintain.
How many calories you aiming for?
What are your stats? Weight, heights etc?

Goals: slim in the right areas yet fit. I like having a booty though.
Calories: if want to slim down 1600 is a good amount I guess. Never really focussed on calories though.
Weight: 62.5
Height: 162
Waist: 74cm
Largest part of hips: 105 cm

Well its simple really.
Eat 1600 cals and if you loose weight stick to it. If not drop 100 cals or increase energy expenditure. What to eat? Well you eat vegan so eat what that allows you to eat. ?

Well its simple really.
Eat 1600 cals and if you loose weight stick to it. If not drop 100 cals or increase energy expenditure. What to eat? Well you eat vegan so eat what that allows you to eat. ?
Looks like I'm gonna have to get the food scales out.

Then get at least 40 P 30 C 30 F. That should do it. . And lift some heavy ass weights. .?

Why are you vegan due to a medical issue, I have never heard of such an issue that would require such a diet change??

Eating a vegan diet is against all evolution, and our bodies are not well equipped to thrive on such a limited diet, I can't understand how you could put on weight at what you claim to be eating, there is not enough food there.

You are probably suffering from malnutrition, and making yourself sick, lacking important fats and nutrients in your diet.

If you truly had zero fat in your diet your hormones would shut down, you need essential fats to keep hormonal function.

You need at least 0.5 to 0.85 grams of good fats per day for health reasons, so at your weight you should be looking at 30-40 grams of good fat per day.

Then you NEED protein.

I think you need to educate yourself in nutrition before embarking on a vegan diet, and if you must follow a vegan diet you must ensure you get your essential nutrients, and your essential protein and fat, the only thing that is not essential are carbs.

Bill Pearl was and is still a vegan as opposed to being a bogan like your good self

So how does that relate to the OP not eating correctly and not meeting her nutritional requirement for optimal health??

Obviously Bill has his vegan diet sorted and meets his nutritional needs, unlike the OP, hence my recommendation to learn about nutrition before embarking on a vegan diet. There is more to being a vegan than just stop eating meat etc

Most people would be able to understand that, but I guess I am expecting too much on this forum.

I guess Goosey by name and Goosey by nature.....

I guess you never considered that Bill has never won a single title after he became a vegan, but plenty before........lol

Last edited:
what excercise are you doing? this important. as is food. you only mention certain portions but not others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I can respect people for being vegetarian/vegan for ethical reason, you really need a good understanding in nutrition to ensure you're getting all the essential vitamins, proteins and fats in your diet. It can be done, but you need to be diligent and actually put some planning into your diet.

Why are you vegan due to a medical issue, I have never heard of such an issue that would require such a diet change??

Eating a vegan diet is against all evolution, and our bodies are not well equipped to thrive on such a limited diet, I can't understand how you could put on weight at what you claim to be eating, there is not enough food there.

You are probably suffering from malnutrition, and making yourself sick, lacking important fats and nutrients in your diet.

If you truly had zero fat in your diet your hormones would shut down, you need essential fats to keep hormonal function.

You need at least 0.5 to 0.85 grams of good fats per day for health reasons, so at your weight you should be looking at 30-40 grams of good fat per day.

Then you NEED protein.

I think you need to educate yourself in nutrition before embarking on a vegan diet, and if you must follow a vegan diet you must ensure you get your essential nutrients, and your essential protein and fat, the only thing that is not essential are carbs.
She just is OK

So how does that relate to the OP not eating correctly and not meeting her nutritional requirement for optimal health??

Obviously Bill has his vegan diet sorted and meets his nutritional needs, unlike the OP, hence my recommendation to learn about nutrition before embarking on a vegan diet. There is more to being a vegan than just stop eating meat etc

Most people would be able to understand that, but I guess I am expecting too much on this forum.

I guess Goosey by name and Goosey by nature.....

I guess you never considered that Bill has never won a single title after he became a vegan, but plenty before........lol

He was on a very high protein diet mock prior to going vegan, he was very close to dying as a result.
he still eats dairy, but has totally cut out meat, he is still with us today, and very strong.