• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

The first time I wrote on forced reps was here The “F” word! back in 2009. I see myself writing about this method yet again today. Has anyone ever pondered over the name of this method? "Forced reps", are they really forced reps, or are they more a reduced reps of sort. I say that assistance cancels resistance here, or at least some of the resistance. The more you prolong that set, and take it beyond what you yourself are capable of lifting, the more resistance you transfer to that spotter.

Some may argue that by applying forced reps into one's set, intensity is increased. I say perhaps, but at what price? Are there no better method to increase or at least maintain intensity? How about a rest-paused set. Here, no partner or spotter is needed, as all you need do is to rest momentarily to regain just enough strength to continue on with the set, extending it under extreme intensity. I highlighted the last five words for a very good reason. A rest-paused set does not just extend your set no; it does it right at the peak of its intensity, i.e. at its heaviest weight lifted. All this, and it's all you who's controlling the lift, with no reliance on any external assistance from anyone.

When was the last time you gave the rest-pause principle a fair go? Try it, it might just be what your muscles need to get rolling into some new strength and growth again.

I really like the rest pause technique
In this day and age when progress is measured only by the amount of weight lifted, the tried and true techniques are almost forgotten

yeah i use the rest-pause method on alot of my assistance, namely curls, leg extensions, lat pulldowns and bent rows haha. but you'll never catch me doing a forced rep.

I really like the rest pause technique
In this day and age when progress is measured only by the amount of weight lifted, the tried and true techniques are almost forgotten

Right on Methuselah.

Last edited: