• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I had this chronically for years. Got so bad I couldn't do any upper body.
The only thing that completely fixed it was aggressive ART (think seeing stars from the discomfort)

The inner tube method is great for between sessions. It's magic!

I had this chronically for years. Got so bad I couldn't do any upper body.
The only thing that completely fixed it was aggressive ART (think seeing stars from the discomfort)

The inner tube method is great for between sessions. It's magic!

No good at all mate.
What's this inner tube method?
Is it what was in that video I posted earlier?

Thanks heaps.
I'm organising getting some sessions with a sports medicine center in Geelong about 2 hours away.
Should hopefully be the answer to these problems along with strengthening it post therapy so to not redamage.

Good Old Geelong...my hometown of 30 years. I have done a bit of work around your town and surrounding areas years and years ago....bloody cold in winter!

Who you seeing in geelong

Well, thankfully the diagnoses isn't tendinitis. But it explains why I feel pains in all my limb joints (elbows & knees), not always isolated to one area.
This is a exert from my log.

Went to see Dr Chis Bradshaw who is known for his work for football clubs such as Geelong and Collingwood.
After some testing he diagnosed me with the following:

Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is an exercise-induced muscle and nerve condition that causes pain, swelling and sometimes even disability in affected muscles of your legs or arms. The cause is excessive pressure within an isolated segment of muscle (a muscle compartment) causes chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Exercise increases the blood supply to working muscles, making them expand. If the connective tissue (fascia) that holds the muscle fibers together in a compartment doesn't also expand, pressure builds up in the compartment. Over time, the pressure cuts off some of the muscle's blood supply, leading to chronic exertional compartment syndrome. (mayoclinic.org)

For me the solution is simple. Restore the elasticity of the fascia, via lots of warm ups & massages.
Use supportive shoes all the time. I was referred to the running company in Geelong who put me on a treadmill and recorded my walking pattern.
We then went through 10 pairs of shoes until my walking pattern was fixed. So it's all up. I can train as normal provided I do lots of recovery work.