• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
After I ate my lamb tonight I thought I would compliment the chef on how nice and juicy they were. Very lean and tender.
He said that were organic.
I'm converted. ????
Organic is better..right?

013395623175ab9c4a883099704195a6.jpg

Get him to cook the same dish with mass farmed lamb and see if you can tell the difference.

Very lean and tender.
I'm converted. 

Not necessarily Adrian. Having arrived back in Oz just 5 weeks ago after visiting mum in Lebanon, I got a first hand taste of what a truly 100% (not just organic), but free range meant also. Let's take the chickens and the eggs for our two examples here. If a chicken is truly free range, you would more than likely throw it away after cooking it, unless you have prepared it accordingly, and not treated it as you would your caged chicken or the so called free range ones sold here.

At the end of the day, people's desire for tenderly cooked meat is paramount. I made a choice to buy two chickens that were fully organic/100% roaming around all day, vs your typical white caged chicken (which I also bought three of). We, (mum and I) were told again and again by the seller to soak the "country" chicken (that's what they call anything that is not farmed over there), with vinegar, lemon etc, and place in the freezer for about three days before charcoaling. We did, and we also did end up throwing both chickens away they were so densely muscled with no fat to be seen, very tough for sure...and smaller in size yet weighed the same as the fattened or lacking any free movement caged chickens.

As for the eggs, again... organic could very well mean fed organic corn and wheat, which is not the ideal diet for a chicken when we want less inflammation in our diet and not more, due to an already imbalanced omega 6 fatty acids to omega 3 ones. An egg from a free roaming chicken that roams around, digging up the earth and plucking off the worms, is no match for a chicken that is supposed to be cage free roaming, with plenty of corn, wheat and whatever else is scattered around for it to eat. So organic here could just mean organic feed and not a natural way of eating.

Back to the drawing board as far as cooking a 100% natural bird or beast.

Last edited:
but im sure there are many more variables than that Fadi? like how its stored after slaughter etc etc etc, the list would go on and on.

wild cought meat is supposed to be the bomb, never had the chance to try it yet myself.

Shrek that lamb looks orgasmic!

Any farmers here?

As far as I know, sheep won't eat anything except grass. Is that right or do we have an industry that is feeding corn or wheat to our sheepies?

After I ate my lamb tonight I thought I would compliment the chef on how nice and juicy they were. Very lean and tender.
I'm converted. 

Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth.

In the pic, the lamb is correctly cooked. More often than not, lamb is overcooked. That includes kebabs.

Its summer so the spring lambs getting their throats cut. So we have better lamb now than we will over winter. The older they are the tougher they get. Especially the flaps. Just like MILFs.

I buy a whole leg of lamb every week from the local market. Around 2-2.3kg. Put it in a rack which is in a tray with a cm or two of water in it. So the lamb is above the water. Put a bit of oil on the outer of the leg if you want but its not necessary.

Cook for 1hr 20min at 160C.

Turn up to 180C and cook for another 30min.

Take it out of the oven, cover in foil and let it sit for 20min or so.

Slice dat bitch up and enjoy. Moist, juicy, tender. Just like a 20 y/o figure athlete. When you slice the meat, it should be very light coloured, pink and juicy. Near the bone it may look raw but no, its cooked. Not for people who like steak "well done", otherwise known as "completely fukkedup".

Why?

i don't know a heap about sheep but they will eat grain some are definitely fed grain as a certain percentage of their diet (sheep or cattle can't be fed a 100% grain diet) but i am not 100% on the extent of it in Australia.

I do find this grass fed movement funny. People want grass fed meat but are not happy when the reproductive part of a grass is fed to the animals. So what is it?

I thought "Organic" in terms of cattle meant that the feed used whether that is grain, water and grass was not treated with pesticides?

i don't believe the term "free range" can be associated with sheep, it would not be economical to cage ffs.

sheep meat is hit and miss spring Lamb is usually the best.

cutlets are the safest all round meat in terms of tenderness unless you have time to slow cook a leg.

Any farmers here?

As far as I know, sheep won't eat anything except grass. Is that right or do we have an industry that is feeding corn or wheat to our sheepies?

If you have a look around the outback you'd think that farmers would have no choice but to supplement some of those properties are dust bowls

I thought "Organic" in terms of cattle meant that the feed used whether that is grain, water and grass was not treated with pesticides?

i don't believe the term "free range" can be associated with sheep, it would not be economical to cage ffs.

cutlets are the safest all round meat in terms of tenderness unless you have time to slow cook a leg.

Because the term organic food is meaningless the organic specifications are basically just an arbitrary set of rules that vary depending on the country and the organic body that makes the rules up. There is no one set of organic rules.

Grass can be treated with pesticides just not synthetic pesticides.

Because the term organic food is meaningless the organic specifications are basically just an arbitrary set of rules that vary depending on the country and the organic body that makes the rules up. There is no one set of organic rules.

Grass can be treated with pesticides just not synthetic pesticides.

Ok ta.

Costco loin chops. Some of those sonofabitches are about 2" thick, trimmed lean and tender as fark.