• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
its really not funny crazy bazzaa because ive talked to countless farmers who told me about how they complied to rules, but a commercial crop disting over the way, that blew from wind, and his wife did 4 miscarrages, couldn't have children.
and it makes sense, theres a mad group that are farmers, that don't live that long...

my great uncle just passed at age 94. very few of you reading this will reach 94. i will.

so you don't think any antibiotic resistance can't happen for humans through wildstock? you think the food the animal you breed doesn't affect the meat it makes, i mean that is the point right???

What did you read from what I said that makes you say that??

we don't feed any antibiotics to the cows. They are totally banned in europe. It will be coming here very soon. There are a couple of antibiotics registered for feed in dairy cows, you need a vet prescription. I don't know any that feed it, the use would be extremely low and like I said it will be banned soon totally anyway.

I am all for them being banned. They are not important for dairy cows and it's not the image the industry needs with all these people putting incorrect information out there.

Like I said all cattle are grass fed just people try and twist the definition of grass fed.

its really not funny crazy bazzaa because ive talked to countless farmers who told me about how they complied to rules, but a commercial crop disting over the way, that blew from wind, and his wife did 4 miscarrages, couldn't have children.
and it makes sense, theres a mad group that are farmers, that don't live that long...

my great uncle just passed at age 94. very few of you reading this will reach 94. i will.

You are going to have to translate that into English because I don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. How many beers down are you.

What did you read from what I said that makes you say that??

we don't feed any antibiotics to the cows. They are totally banned in europe. It will be coming here very soon. There are a couple of antibiotics registered for feed in dairy cows, you need a vet prescription. I don't know any that feed it, the use would be extremely low and like I said it will be banned soon totally anyway.

I am all for them being banned. They are not important for dairy cows and it's not the image the industry needs with all these people putting incorrect information out there.

Like I said all cattle are grass fed just people try and twist the definition of grass fed.
So Bazza are cattle ever fed on a 100% grass diet?

Ok Bazza are there cattle that are fed no grain at all and just grass or what you would call grass? And when you talk about grain feed what is the actual grain they feed

Like I said it depends on your definition.

Dairy cattle, there would be almost none that are not fed any grain at all but grain isn't the majority of their diet.

There would be some beef that are not feed grain at all but that doesn't mean 100% grass fed. Like I said the definition of grass fed is very hazy. Pastures that cattle graze contain species other than grasses. Cattle can be fed grass hay or silage in times of feed shortage, do you count that as grass.? Cattle can be fed a mineral mix to complement what the grass is lacking. Some grass fed recommendations don't allow you to feed certain tropical grasses even though they are a grass. Do cattle have to graze the grass to be counted as grass fed or can it be cut and brought to them. It just goes on and on.

It's not a clear cut definition.

as for what grain. We feed a mix of wheat, canola meal and mineral mix. Thats pretty standard for dairy in Australia.

Last edited:

hey CT you sober enough to tell us what you are talking about here.

I'm a bit late to this thread but I run beef cattle on a couple of hundred thousand acres so I'll fill in a few gaps from the discussion so far. Our cattle get no grain here apart from the first couple of weeks after weaning. They live on grass and quite a few other things such as leaves and herbage at certain times of the year. In North Queensland as soon as the grass dies off after the wet, the nitrogen levels drop and cattle start losing weight from lack of protein. They will lose over 500g/day if you leave them to it and a lot more if they are lactating. We supplement with urea, salt, sulphur, phosphorus and protein meals to cut deaths from 30% to 5% or thereabouts.
I sell my old breeders direct to the meatworks and they would go as grass fed. The U.S. would make burgers from them.

I am not a fan of organic when it comes to livestock. The poor buggers are not able to be treated for parasites. Lice will kill cows here if you just leave them to be eaten.

Hormones is a complete non issue. One tiny pellet of estradiol will add 30kg to a steer over 400 days. A couple of hundred mg of active over 300kg of beef is nothing. There is more estrogen in beer.

I'm a bit late to this thread but I run beef cattle on a couple of hundred thousand acres so I'll fill in a few gaps from the discussion so far. Our cattle get no grain here apart from the first couple of weeks after weaning. They live on grass and quite a few other things such as leaves and herbage at certain times of the year. In North Queensland as soon as the grass dies off after the wet, the nitrogen levels drop and cattle start losing weight from lack of protein. They will lose over 500g/day if you leave them to it and a lot more if they are lactating. We supplement with urea, salt, sulphur, phosphorus and protein meals to cut deaths from 30% to 5% or thereabouts.
I sell my old breeders direct to the meatworks and they would go as grass fed. The U.S. would make burgers from them.

I am not a fan of organic when it comes to livestock. The poor buggers are not able to be treated for parasites. Lice will kill cows here if you just leave them to be eaten.

Hormones is a complete non issue. One tiny pellet of estradiol will add 30kg to a steer over 400 days. A couple of hundred mg of active over 300kg of beef is nothing. There is more estrogen in beer.

reads like hard yakka to me

It's a bit quiet just now. We had 90mls of rain after Christmas and it solved the water and grass problems for a little while.

Good post.

non farming people don't realise grass isn't always the perfect feed for cattle it can often be lacking in certain nutrients.

That is one of my big issues with organic. I can't properly and humanely look after the cattle with the restrictions organic imposes.

Our vet told us there is more estrogen is a serve of broccoli.

I did some reading a while back and from what i remember "Organic" is a trademark and a set of rules. It is basically Halal for hippies. Someone just has to tick the boxes and pay the money and they get certified Organic but it doesn't mean they're not doing nasty shit, just not the nasty shit prohibited by the list.