• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
J

jakc

Been trailing through prior posts here and elsewhere. Really useful, but thought I would start a new (and first) post to see if I could help narrow down my options/get some advice.

Had a year off lifting for health issues, but now want to get back into it. Fed up with the crowded gyms so decided I want a home gym.

• 34 male, novice lifter but form good enough to train solo.
  • My budget was $1000 to begin with, but searching here makes me realise I might need to stretch it to $1400
  • Will start off with SL5x5 and see that program through to begin with.
  • Safety is important - want safety bars that are also easily adjustable for benching in the rack.
  • Ideally something that will last, I can grow into, and is reputable brand.
  • Ideally want dip bars, bench, chin up bar, but also happy to get these at a later date
  • Think I want rubber plates from what I am reading.
  • Assume I need full rack, but I also see some half racks allow you to bench in them with adjustable bars.
  • Based in Melbourne

Have been hoping to pick something up 2nd hand now, but lack of wheels has been causing me problems getting one local.

Little Bloke Fitness have recommended me:
360 STRENGTH HEAVY DUTY POWER RACK FID BENCH 115KG OLYMPIC PACKAGE - $1279
I've not seen many reviews or mention of this model.

Powertec Package on Sams Fitness
- $1640
This is clearly better, but a big jump in price. Have read good things about the Powertec racks.

Was wondering if anyone could throw in some other contenders that I should be taking a look at?

Is LBF no longer a sponsor? Couldn't find them...used to have a 10% off coupon which would have made it a very good deal IMO and pretty close to the original budget

Is LBF no longer a sponsor? Couldn't find them...used to have a 10% off coupon which would have made it a very good deal IMO and pretty close to the original budget

Can anyone confirm this? A voucher would def entice me to buy this weekend over ordering from the bigger range on samsfitness

Can anyone confirm this? A voucher would def entice me to buy this weekend over ordering from the bigger range on samsfitness
I just put it in the cart and used "Ausbb". Gave 5% off so $60odd saving. Came to $1215

Was wondering if anyone could throw in some other contenders that I should be taking a look at?

There will be some contenders of quality racks and benches coming soon in a galaxy not to far away. You will have the option to choose 3 different style chin up bars, pipe pins or beefy spotter arms, laser cut numbering,dip handles , premium j-hooks , multiple colours. Total of 14 different style racks, wall mounts, rigs sleds , logs , land mines etc Watch this space!
Cheers BVG

05.jpg

07.jpg

no weight tree.jpg

04.jpg

04.jpg

There will be some contenders of quality racks and benches coming soon in a galaxy not to far away. You will have the option to choose 3 different style chin up bars, pipe pins or beefy spotter arms, laser cut numbering,dip handles , premium j-hooks , multiple colours. Total of 14 different style racks, wall mounts, rigs sleds , logs , land mines etc Watch this space!
Cheers BVG

View attachment 11666

View attachment 11667

View attachment 11670

View attachment 11668

View attachment 11669
tumblr_n4co46LG4A1shb0boo1_500.gif

I woulda done your CAD work for a reasonable price. Let me know if you require my services for future prototypes.

360 Strength I believe is something that LittleBlokeFitness have come up with themselves. Went into the store today and it looks really good value and perfect for my needs/budget.
Still not purchased, but very close.

Liking the look of that first image from BrisVegasGhost - Looks like I would have to bolt it down which could be a problem (renting), but add in the safety bars from the last image and I could get away with benching in it as well without a spotter. Great work on the bench as well, looks great. Keep me posted on when you have capability to ship to Melbourne although I imagine I will be purchasing before next weekend.

360 Strength I believe is something that LittleBlokeFitness have come up with themselves. Went into the store today and it looks really good value and perfect for my needs/budget.
Still not purchased, but very close.

Liking the look of that first image from BrisVegasGhost - Looks like I would have to bolt it down which could be a problem (renting), but add in the safety bars from the last image and I could get away with benching in it as well without a spotter. Great work on the bench as well, looks great. Keep me posted on when you have capability to ship to Melbourne although I imagine I will be purchasing before next weekend.

First and third racks are pretty much the same. First rack shows the optional weight tree that can be added or removed as pleased. No need to bolt it down although the pic does show the optional bolt down lugs. Still a while before these become actually available so no chance for next weekend!
Cheers
BVG

1279 package looks the goods mate. and if you are handy, it can be strengthened. call them and try and rangle a couple of extra 20kg plates too. save some cash, as you'll need em later anyway.