• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is pile of elephant shit and therefore nullifies all the elephant shit that followed that particular advertisement.

Its like selling $90 crossfit hats to wankers. Someone will buy them, but you don't need one to be a douche.

A primary trigger for strength is grip. Getting a good connection with the weight is vital for optimal progress. Gloves get in the way, prevent proper grip and are just another piece of shit to sell people who would rather buy shit than get strong. To get an even better connection, use chalk. But, yes, gloves will keep your hands soft. Or you could just use some lanolin before you stroke the weeping taco. That works. Or use your tongue.

If you need gloves to get a decent grip on a bar because the knurl is no good, go join a proper gym. Gyms that aspire to make you average are a millstone around your neck. Go to a serious gym to use serious equipment and get some decent progress. A gym that skimps on REAL vital equipment, like a fukkin barbell, should be burnt to the ground and pissed on.

Now, there have been one or two "members" who have disguised advertising as a research post. Just like there are members who are recruiting for their religion by posting advertising in disguise as research or a feel good article. Best defence is to avoid being a dumb kunce and wakedafuqup.

And use chalk. Its even more badass than wearing some smelly overpriced wank grips. You see lots of douche bags wearing gloves (see the OP's ad at the beginning of the thread) but you never see them using chalk. Or lifting heavy weights. I think you see the solution.

ofili-11.jpg
On spread :(

At the end of the day if you prefer them use them, but your hands will toughen, callouses will form and your grip will improve without them.,
don't you believe your hands may b damaged without gloves. i personally had my hands injured many times

don't you believe your hands may b damaged without gloves. i personally had my hands injured many times

Your hands will toughen, use a bit of chalk to speed up the process. Maybe not quite to bricklayer status, but you could always lay a couple of courses between sets. You will end up with some big good strong paws even the Nothing can't fu*k with.

Plus when you tear off the occasional callous it looks bad ass when you finish a set of DLs covered in chalk and blood.

Last edited:
Obviously, you can file down the chunks of overhanging callouses and make them smooth af if that takes your fancy..