• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

A successful black rapper, Sam Benson, who goes by the stage name of Blac Youngsta, had the gun pointed at his head for.........., "stealing" his own money! Would you say there's an underlying and deeper issues between the black and white communities in America (even today in 2016?), or was this simply a one off idiotic and grand mistake conducted by the bank manager? Furthermore, why would a police officer draw out his gun if his life has not been placed in danger? Does a non compliance with a police directive warrant a gun to be withdrawn by police officers?

No doubt there are plenty of times cops have gone over the top but you can understand why they are on edge. Wouldn't get me doing that job.

Was just about to type in b4 someone says 'but they have a dangerous job'. Yes they do, I wouldn't want to be a cop in some parts of the States either, but surely non-lethal options can be utilised, especially in the videos above. Anyway it's not about policing in the US. The fact is there is deep seated racism in the US which will always be present. In Australia too to a lesser extent.

Why would a professional police officer be on edge if his life is not threatened? That's what it boils down to really.

You don't have a fucking clue the situation they were in and don't pretend you do. It's all fucking easy typing on your phone.

There is racisim in America. No shit, nothing revolutionary there.

Just a thought, maybe there is a link between the proliferation of guns in the US having something to do with why cops are so on edge over there...?

Uu1mV.gif

No doubt there are plenty of times cops have gone over the top but you can understand why they are on edge. Wouldn't get me doing that job.
Why are they on edge Barry? Can you elaborate as to some reasons that would place a police officer on edge please? And would you consider the scenario in the OP (which the police apologised for incidentally) as one that warrants guns to be drawn? Thank you.

Last edited:

A successful black rapper, Sam Benson, who goes by the stage name of Blac Youngsta, had the gun pointed at his head for.........., "stealing" his own money! Would you say there's an underlying and deeper issues between the black and white communities in America (even today in 2016?), or was this simply a one off idiotic and grand mistake conducted by the bank manager? Furthermore, why would a police officer draw out his gun if his life has not been placed in danger? Does a non compliance with a police directive warrant a gun to be withdrawn by police officers?

Not sure if it's racism, aren't the cops black as well?? I think people scream racism for things that are not racist, I have not watched the video as we have crap internet at the moment.

When police tell you to do something, then do it, I would say> They operate on procedure, and they want to go home to their family and kids at the end of the shift. Only takes a split second for someone to pull a gun or knife.

Why would a professional police officer be on edge if his life is not threatened? That's what it boils down to really.

I would say a police officers life is at risk each time they stop a car, interact with a suspect, attend a domestic, or any other incident.

Here is a quick sample how fast things can go wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoUUh_N1G1w

When police tell you to do something, then do it, I would say> They operate on procedure, and they want to go home to their family and kids at the end of the shift. Only takes a split second for someone to pull a gun or knife.
I see your point Mick, however my point was if for example you decided not to comply with say an order to "stop!", and decided to keep on walking, or refuse to whatever (with your hands fully visible etc, as was the case in the OP), at what point would your actions warrant that officer to pull out his gun and threaten you with it? Me personally, I'd say at no point (based on the examples) I've presented, should a police officer pull out his gun. He can do/use many other things at his disposal, but to threaten with a deadly force, when not threatened, is to abuse his powers of self defense.

I would say a police officers life is at risk each time they stop a car, interact with a suspect, attend a domestic, or any other incident.
I would not say that at all. And to say that, would be to see police officers with guns drawn all the time...but we do not see that.

Here is a quick sample how fast things can go wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoUUh_N1G1w
Thank you for that video Mick. This was a huge mistake on the officer's part, as he failed miserably to insure full safety for his life, and the life of others in this situation. Why do I say that? Because to me, there is no difference between a concealed weapon and a concealed hand. And as you can see from the video above, the officer was way too laid back, too trusting you may even say, to allow this man to keep his hands in his pockets for the duration of their conversation. He paid the ultimate price for such a mistake, and that's the unfortunate bit in that story.

It is s misconception that racism can only exist between a white person and an ethnic person. Racism can exist between any two people, even of the same ethnicity.

It is s misconception that racism can only exist between a white person and an ethnic person. Racism can exist between any two people, even of the same ethnicity.

Exactly right.

I love it when people use the term reverse racism. Lol.

I believe that's entirely accurate racism exists only when a minority is being persecuted for whatever reason.