• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm gonna buy a Coconut Water tonight so I can judge for myself. Might wake up tmrw revitalized and fresh. 

Well? Are we fresh today? Revitalised? What is your decision? Is coconut water going to change your life forever or did you just pay for someones new investment property?

We need to start our own pointless product with groundless claims. How about Kuntzacola. Made from watermelon juice. That's what fueled the Spartans at the Gates of Fire.

Well? Are we fresh today? Revitalised? What is your decision? Is coconut water going to change your life forever or did you just pay for someones new investment property?

We need to start our own pointless product with groundless claims. How about Kuntzacola. Made from watermelon juice. That's what fueled the Spartans at the Gates of Fire.

i have often thought that, I need to invent the next superfood, the public will suck it up for a while then move on to the next one. They are great marketing and the public falls for it every time.

Coconut oil was used animal feed for so long. Make a few dubious studies, now a superfood at probably 1000% mark up compared to before.

My thought was A1 milk. Sounds better than A2 for starters. The a2 company research already showed a slight advantage to a1 as it is.

i have often thought that, I need to invent the next superfood, the public will suck it up for a while then move on to the next one. They are great marketing and the public falls for it every time.

Coconut oil was used animal feed for so long. Make a few dubious studies, now a superfood at probably 1000% mark up compared to before.

My thought was A1 milk. Sounds better than A2 for starters. The a2 company research already showed a slight advantage to a1 as it is.

Well, screw them. I'm only going to drink A3 milk then. In fact, fukdatchit. I'm going for A10.

Tell people loud enough and long enough, they will buy anything, especially if you pay some shit celeb like the Kardashians to promote it. Anything with the term "superfood" means "bend over, I promise I will use lube".

Nahhh. Not for 6 bux.
1c38428858359939a6a8c84ef1c963ce.jpg

Seems expensive. it's only $4 per litre at our local Coles, even cheaper when on special which it is most weeks.

Always amazes me how people in the city get raped with their prices. and they have to truck the stuff out here and it's still cheaper.

Seems expensive. it's only $4 per litre at our local Coles, even cheaper when on special which it is most weeks.

Always amazes me how people in the city get raped with their prices. and they have to truck the stuff out here and it's still cheaper.

pulp_fiction3680.jpg

Brisbane prices... ?

Seems to be the flavour of the month.

My daughter loves it, she also goes nuts for actual coconuts.

Anyone crazy about this new health craze??
Any opinions?? Benefits?? Negatives??
Hey Big Man. Coconut water is one of the best liquids you can drink, even the carton versions will do the job of quickly hydrating you. It's full of the essential electrolytes, just what your body needs to keep ticking over from a cardiovascular point of view, and also great for muscular contraction as it puts in instead of taking out the minerals you need to get a great workout contraction/pump. Enjoy it.

Hey Big Man. Coconut water is one of the best liquids you can drink, even the carton versions will do the job of quickly hydrating you. It's full of the essential electrolytes, just what your body needs to keep ticking over from a cardiovascular point of view, and also great for muscular contraction as it puts in instead of taking out the minerals you need to get a great workout contraction/pump. Enjoy it.

Cheers, I must say it's not me that drinks it, even though I have had a small drink of it here and there, simply because it's in our fridge, we also buy the baby coconuts, and generally get a large glass of the water out of that, so that would obviously be better than the carton stuff, but I would have to fight my daughter for it, even though she is only 13 she can be quite fierce...she also eats the soft coconut flesh, she is obsessed by the stuff.

As long as she enjoys it and it's not bad for her it's all good, I might even start having a glass after a workout or even after moving the lawn in the heat.

Mick, the carton stuff (from an electrolytes point of view) is just as good, I've tested it. I do have a nutrient tester that lights up based on the nutrients/electrolytes in a particular food/drink.

Electrolyes are just certain minerals. Every basic food contains them. Coconut water doesn't have any special electrolytes or balance of electrolytes compared to other foods to make it special.

Coconut water hydrates as good as plain old water. If you are an elite athlete coconut water doesn't have the ideal amount of electolytes for optimal hydration.

If you are an average joe and like coconut water go for it but there is noting super about it. Just been suckered into the makerting hype along with everyone else.

Coconut water hydrates as good as plain old water.
You are providing wrong information Barry. In fact, plain old water as you've put it, can actually dehydrate you. I won't get into it unless I have to. However if you believe that coconut water is just like, or just as good as plain old water, then so be it.

For the benefit of the forum and people reading this, please consider what they give you in a hospital attached to a drip. It's called saline....and not plain old water. In fact, if you were to drink nothing but plain water and not eat any food, you will eventually die.....from dehydration and the dilution of minerals, leading to a lack of electrical impulses which your heart needs to maintain its beating.

Well how about just drinking good old coconut water then? There's virtually zero comparison between it and plain tap water (or even most spring water sold in Oz), which is dead water, and by dead I mean devoid of any minerals/electrolytes...(again) those special things that keep you alive.

Last edited:
You are providing wrong information Barry. In fact, plain old water as you've put it, can actually dehydrate you. I won't get into it unless I have to. However if you believe that coconut water is just like, or just as good as plain old water, then so be it.

For the benefit of the forum and people reading this, please consider what they give you in a hospital attached to a drip. It's called saline....and not plain old water. In fact, if you were to drink nothing but plain water and not eat any food, you will eventually die.....from dehydration and the dilution of minerals, leading to a lack of electrical impulses which your heart needs to maintain its beating.

Well how about just drinking good old coconut water then? There's virtually zero comparison between it and plain tap water (or even most spring water sold in Oz), which is dead water, and by dead I mean devoid of any minerals/electrolytes...(again) those special things that keep you alive.

Did a coconut hit you on the head. Yes you have been suckered into the marketing like everyone else.

Sure you have a saline drip if dehydrated or have an oral reyharation solution if you have the runs. But we are talking healthy people here. And a healthy person does not get deyhdated from drinking plain water.

Not to mention coconut water doesn't have the right balance of electrolytes for optimal hydration wether dehydrated by illness or hard physical exertion, thus it is as good as plain water.

" you will die from drinking plain water and not eating food" thanks for that brain buster. I'm sure no one knew that already. Guess what, you will also die from only drinking coconut water and not eating any food.

Sorry, nothing special about coconut water.

Dr Karl does a pretty good summary for you.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/12/02/4140586.htm

Did a coconut hit you on the head. Yes you have been suckered into the marketing like everyone else.

Sure you have a saline drip if dehydrated or have an oral reyharation solution if you have the runs. But we are talking healthy people here. And a healthy person does not get deyhdated from drinking plain water.

Not to mention coconut water doesn't have the right balance of electrolytes for optimal hydration wether dehydrated by illness or hard physical exertion, thus it is as good as plain water.

" you will die from drinking plain water and not eating food" thanks for that brain buster. I'm sure no one knew that already. Guess what, you will also die from only drinking coconut water and not eating any food.

Sorry, nothing special about coconut water.

Dr Karl does a pretty good summary for you.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/12/02/4140586.htm

You cry wolf to Repacked accusing him of being rude and insulting to you, yet you would have to be one of the rudest members on this forum. Moving from here, I was not comparing coconut water with a complete diet; a banana, or a potato. I was comparing and replying to your misinformation about the coconut water being equivalent with good old plain water. That's where the point of contention is and nowhere else. One is alive whilst the other is dead...again, based on one having electrolytes and the other having none. That was my argument.

Dr Karl (talking about coconut water), soon enough moves on to discussing coconut's high amount of saturated fats, saying "They are very strongly associated with bad blood cholesterol levels and heart disease." Where did I hear that before I wonder? Dr Karl falls into the trap, failing to realise that association does not equal causation. There are plenty of people eating a high fat (saturated fat) diet, yet have reduced their consumption of carbohydrates tremendously, destroying the causation by association argument for good.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/07/27/saturated-fat-cholesterol.aspx

Last edited:
You cry wolf to Repacked accusing him of being rude and insulting to you, yet you would have to be one of the rudest members on this forum. Moving from here, I was not comparing coconut water with a complete diet; a banana, or a potato. I was comparing and replying to your misinformation about the coconut water being equivalent with good old plain water. That's where the point of contention is and nowhere else. One is alive whilst the other is dead...again, based on one having electrolytes and the other having none. That was my argument.

Dr Karl (talking about coconut water), soon enough moves on to discussing coconut's high amount of saturated fats, saying "They are very strongly associated with bad blood cholesterol levels and heart disease." Where did I hear that before I wonder? Dr Karl falls into the trap, failing to realise that association does not equal causation. There are plenty of people eating a high fat (saturated fat) diet, yet have reduced their consumption of carbohydrates tremendously, destroying the causation by association argument for good.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/07/27/saturated-fat-cholesterol.aspx

again Fadi you have failed to show anything special about coconut water.

Why bring up coconut oil, wasn't even what we were talking about, don't change the topic. Why not address where the article talks about coconut water and how there is nothing special about it. He even addresses the minority view on saturated fat.

I like how you accuse Karl of making the correlation causation association and then do the exact same thing yourself.

A link to Dr Mercola doesn't help your case. His anti science views, a well known anti vaxer who has been warned by the FDA multiple times to remove illegal claims from his web sites. Not the ideal place to get your information.

Please give us some concrete figures of what makes coconut water special. Not this alive and dead nonsense. For your information even tap water has small amounts of electrolytes, so where is your electrolyte cut off for calling it alive or dead.

It contains electrolytes and minerals you can easily get in normal foods. It hydrates as good as water( if you say it's better state how because it doesn't contain the right balance of electrolytes) give us something that is actually special about it.

Last edited: