• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

Here’s my meal drink for between the hours of 4:30pm and 12:30am today. It’s composed of the following macro ratios:

Fat 50%
Carbs 40%
Pro 10%

IMG_20160108_215225_568.jpg

150g pear
150g kale
100g dates
100g almonds
100g avocado
10g Amino acid glycine
10g Organic gunpowder green tea leaves
2.5g Organic decaffeinated coffee (using the natural decaf process of water & CO2)
2.5g cocoa powder
2g stevia powder processed
1g Burdock root powder
1g Amla powder
1g True cinnamon
1g Organic peppermint powder
1g Organic chamomile powder
1g Organic stevia powder
1L spring water

I do realise that this seemingly small amount of protein is not acceptable to most (if not all of you here), however this percentage would increase slightly when I have my last meal of the day which is composed mainly of a high amount of protein, with a similarly high amount of carbs, albeit coming from the resistant starch type that is found in legumes.

Bodybuilders and strength athletes on Ausbb would do themselves a great favour to add the amino acid glycine (which tastes just like sugar by the way) to their daily eating habit. Why? Because most on here favour a protein source that originates from an animal source, with its high level of the amino acid methionine. I’ve got nothing against methionine as it has many positive roles to play in the human body however....

However, we all know the difference between a complete and an incomplete protein right? Well maybe, and to some, maybe not. Whenever the subject of complete and incomplete protein arises, we’re quick to think along the lines of the total amount of amino acids present in a particular food. Take for example a piece of chicken, a chicken thigh or breast if you will, or a T-bone steak if that tickles your fancy. No one here would say that eating these type of protein foods could pose a health issue in the long term as far as the amino acid profile is concerned, since these foods are complete protein. And you’d be correct to say that, they are a complete protein food, however complete does not necessarily equals to a balanced type of protein does it? The answer is no it doesn’t. For that chicken breast to be complete, you’d have to have the whole chicken and not just its lean meaty part. Similarly, for that steak to be complete, you’d have to have the whole steak and not just its lean meaty part. The solution? You boil the bones that have the cartilage and tendons attached to them. Why? Because that’s where glycine lies, it’s that gelatinous material that you cannot chew, yet can boil and liquefy into a soup that is full of the amino acid glycine, and numerous other goodies in the way of electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, and potassium.

If you can’t be bothered with the above, then you can add 10g of glycine to your daily eating in order to balance out your lean protein sources. Great, but why the fuss over this methionine glycine imbalance? Well, over the years we’ve been bombarded with statement such as don’t eat animal protein because they cause cancer this and cancer that. It turns out that one of the main culprits in this cancer scenario is an imbalance of certain amino acids, with one, namely methionine exceeding its share due to our modern eating habits, which seems to favour it over glycine, an amino acid that is found in abundance in the connective tissues of the animals we eat.

I’m very much aware that the vegan and vegetarian societies use the methionine argument to win people over. Claiming that excess methionine is a known cancer promoter blah blah blah. What they fail to tell us is that this real excess can very easily be corrected once the relationship between methionine and glycine is corrected. In other words, if we just ate our protein the way we used to eat it in days gone by, then we would be just fine, and methionine would regain its innocence and be absolved of this unfair and biased guilty charge. My two cents. Thank you.

http://180degreehealth.com/glycine-methionine-balance-revisited-matter-timing/

Last edited:
What does it taste like?
Why 2 types of stevia?
In a word: comfortable. It's not an in your face strong taste of anything in particular Adrian. You get the nutty taste, as well as a hint of coffee. One stevia is the all natural leaf that has been grounded up into powder form, leaving all the health benefits stevia has, in addition to lending sweetness of course. However natural stevia has a grassy taste I do not like, but I've got a sweet tooth, so I add the processed stevia that has its sweetness intact, minus its grassy taste.