• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I hear and appreciate your input here Von. So as I wrote in the OP, that to leave the status quo, and then expect some miraculous change in a positive way is ludicrous. I appreciate that our population here is vastly different from that of the US, and so are our laws. In your opinion, as we always seem to be following in the footsteps of whatever the Unites States does, should the US this time (perhaps) follow in our footsteps, and introduce to their system whatever measures we have taken that have resulted in the reduction of gun violence as you've put it?

In a nutshell, I'm genuinely interested in some new thing you've got to offer the Americans that would see a positive change in their pursuit of curbing their gun violence problem. Thank you sir.

I don't have a solution because I don't really understand the changing culture in the US. There's something wrong with the people who perpetrate violent crimes. I personally don't feel that restricting the issue of certain classes of inanimate object will cure whatever illness is causing this.

I do feel that most Americans would defend their constitutional rights to the death. They had a war of independence and it's ingrained in their character. I believe that kind of unity is what the USA needs in the current global climate if it is to retain its national identity.

Australia never had had a war of independence or a civil war. Our history is quite feeble and servile by comparison, notwithstanding the brave actions of our armed services. We have never enjoyed/suffered the status of being an independent nation-at-arms and therefore our culture has evolved differently. The early settlers of America were pioneers and people seeking freedom from the oppression of the reformation; ours were a mixture of convicts and people who weren't good enough to make it in England.

i can comment on the Australian context, however. Any time a government, without mandate, seeks to restrict the freedom of its law abiding citizens, we all need to be worried.

A suggestion was offered by the president, that as we're now able to lock our phones etc, we ought to have the same safety features afforded to guns. Be it through a code or a fingerprint or whatever would identify the user. Food for thoughts. The man is trying to introduce something different to elicit a different outcome form the status quo, and for that at least, I applaud him.

You're a twit.

Not even bothering with this...

Not interested in arguing with you Barry.

If you legitamatly weren't interesting in arguing you wouldn't have even posted this.

People do this sort of post when they don't have the ability to argue the point but want to make the impression they are leaving the argument on top with plenty up their sleeve. Lol. Nice try. You fit it perfectly.

If you legitamatly weren't interesting in arguing you wouldn't have even posted this.

People do this sort of post when they don't have the ability to argue the point but want to make the impression they are leaving the argument on top with plenty up their sleeve. Lol. Nice try. You fit it perfectly.

Whatever makes you feel good Baz. :D

I seem to remember a similar conversation being conducted somewhere recently...

I am a responsible firearm owner but support gun control. I think the inability of (most, rub it in Von..) people to be able to obtain semi auto long arms is a reasonable compromise. There is no question Australia's gun laws have saved lives.

I find it amusing when people talk as though there is no link between legal and illegal firearms. There is a distinct but immeasurable link between the two. A small amount of firearms are made illegally by gunsmiths. Most are legally manufactured and mysteriously end up on the black market. Many legally owned guns are targeted in burglaries and home invasions also. I laugh when I see some young dickhead with a Beretta or Winchester sticker across his back window. They no doubt think they appear tough, and aside from the fact that most probably don't even own a gun, it's a good way to get your house robbed or worse get your front door kicked in by nasty gentlemen who have little regard for the safety of you and your wife/kids/girlfriend/life partner. Proliferation of firearms legally leads to proliferation of firearms illegally.

I was speaking to a Texan earlier this week, and after the complaints about Obama and the usual rhetoric about the 2nd amendment protecting citizens from soldiers entering peoples houses at will blah blah blah they said, 'well..we're Texans. You kill us we'll kill you back'. I left that conversation with a distinct WTF? going on. I think Obama is one of the only sane Americans sometimes. The culture surrounding and the way Americans view guns is completely foreign and an anathema to most Australians. We complain and carry on but we are fortunate we live where we do, in the society we do.

please think it through. How many rounds should you be allowed to have in the magazine of your hunting rifle?

why so many? Surely a muzzle loading flintlock is better suited and much safer if Sam Lee gets her way.

how many guns should you be allowed to own - why so many? Why do you need to keep the gun in your own house, wouldn't it better if we just locked them up at central repository?

these are examples of the natural progression that would follow when ownership restrictions are applied.

The numbers on stolen guns from lawful gun owners - 0.05% of licensed firearms wind up in the wrong hands. That's one in 2,000 that is stolen and that includes guns that were stolen before the current nation-wide storage regulations came into force.

Of of course the anti gunners don't like the government statistics and would like you to believe that every criminal has a machine gun, stolen from gun owners and gun shops.

:D Fucken GOLD Barry. What a lot of Cows shit

please think it through. How many rounds should you be allowed to have in the magazine of your hunting rifle?

why so many? Surely a muzzle loading flintlock is better suited and much safer if Sam Lee gets her way.

how many guns should you be allowed to own - why so many? Why do you need to keep the gun in your own house, wouldn't it better if we just locked them up at central repository?

these are examples of the natural progression that would follow when ownership restrictions are applied.

The numbers on stolen guns from lawful gun owners - 0.05% of licensed firearms wind up in the wrong hands. That's one in 2,000 that is stolen and that includes guns that were stolen before the current nation-wide storage regulations came into force.

Of of course the anti gunners don't like the government statistics and would like you to believe that every criminal has a machine gun, stolen from gun owners and gun shops.

us-gun-control-laws-85835243137.jpg

oh the irony. :D Walked into that one Von!

Law abiding firearms owners don't even joke about the use of firearms for that purpose. Something about the character test.

I guess that what differentiates us from all those who can't own a firearm. Clean hands.

Law abiding firearms owners don't even joke about the use of firearms for that purpose. Something about the character test.

I guess that what differentiates us from all those who can't own a firearm. Clean hands.

I'd fuck you Von ;)

Like you are saying the issue is where do you draw the line. No county has zero gun deaths, so what do you class as acceptable. Do we just keep banning until you get to zero, it never will.

What ever rules are in place you could always make them tougher.