• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Scientists have known for years that by including short, higher-effort intervals (e.g., running faster for 30 seconds every three to five minutes) followed by recovery (i.e., going back to your normal speed), you’ll improve key physical-fitness levels.

Only recently, however, have they found that these short intervals help release insulin far better than slow, steady exercise.
Basically, think of miracle intervals as helping “train” your insulin receptors. These receptors tell your muscles to burn glucose and use it as energy rather than store it as fat.
Doing miracle intervals is easier than you think. Mike Berland, author of Become a Fat-Burning Machine: The 12-Week Diet recommends short bursts of activity followed by long periods of recovery when doing cardio exercise. In the beginning, the intervals will typically last for 10 to 30 seconds and are done during just one cardio session per week.
As you progress, those intervals intensify — you breathe harder, to the point where it’s difficult to carry a conversation — and are performed during three and, eventually, four weekly cardio sessions.
“Insulin kicks into high gear not when you’re speeding up or maintaining a high speed — [but] when you are slowing down,” explains Berland.
Coupled with a low-carb diet, your body will become more efficient at burning fat. “Endurance athletes use this technique,” says Berland. “It allows you to exercise faster and longer. It’s the most incredible thing.”
This article originally appeared on The New York Post.

You'll only do maybe 3-7 actual intervals if you do it like that.
I prefer a 1:2 ratio so 10 seconds all out, 20 sec active rest or 20 sec all out, 40 sec active rest.
Try and do them for 10-20 minutes, depends how fit you are to begin with.

Yeah I do 30sec all out then 60sec 'rest', repeat 8 times. Gets it done in just over 10 mins and my HR goes about as far as it can go by the 6-7th interval. The key to this is to neck 2 caps of ep1c beforehand, that stuff makes doing cardio a dream!

I started a sprint routine which I love. I have music blasting in my ear and don't have a watch to time rest periods etc.
I use a 100m footy field. Sprint 10 jog 90, sprint 20 jog 80, 30/70, 40/60 etc upto 100 then back down the ladder again, 90/10, 80/20, 70/30 until I'm back to 10/90.

Here's an idea, if you want to be fit play a sport, do something you enjoy.

you want to be able to enjoy the sport even more?

lift weights move quickly between exercises, make it intense, when the intensity starts to reduce, stop.

cacedc801b65002eccef06984285a5fc.jpg