• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It looks like he'd fold in half squatting like that anyway. Most smiths that I've squatted in, it's easiest to have you feet forward of your body and lean back in to it

I can't say I have ever squatted in one but I imagine that would be the advantage (although it is probably a disadvantage)...

I can't say I have ever squatted in one but I imagine that would be the advantage (although it is probably a disadvantage)...
Yes, that said I haven't squatted in any that are properly vertical, most have a slight lean on the bar path

Not to mention its curve of resistance

tony-fuggedaboutit.jpg

It could be some sort of nerve impingement. You could do a slight fix by relying less on your arms as support and focusing more of the weight onto your upper back (traps).
Suggest you see a physio and if possible start squatting without smith. I squat in the smith, but I wouldn't if I could.

Stop squatting using that useless machine that is probably causing the bar to sit in the wrong spot and will not let your body squat naturally.

Use a bar to squat with, experiment with were to place the bar.

Best to get someone that knows what they are doing to teach you how to squat correctly without causing yourself injury.

I've just tried squats with 4kg Dumbbells tonight and it started getting sore a little but I just ignored it. Any other arm training is fine though

I've just tried squats with 4kg Dumbbells tonight and it started getting sore a little but I just ignored it. Any other arm training is fine though

Use two Dumbells to Squat with until you sort it out.

I did lol 4kg each arm

Good girl. Can you swing them up so you're holding them like the start of Dumbell Shoulder Presses? That'll hit your Core, Back and Ass more. I know you want Ass. All girls want Ass.

BTW Have you met [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; yet? He is kinda cute, right [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

I'm not sure where to put this sorry but when I use a bar to do squats my left arm starts to get tingly and sore probably about 2 sets in. I was wondering is that normal and why it happens?

Two main options, though others are possible:

1) carpal tunnel issues in your left wrist. Unless you're left handed, it would be unusual to affect the left more than right hand.

2) ulnar nerve entrapment as it wraps around your elbow, exacerbated by elbow flexion and possibly worse on the left if you habitually lean on your left elbow (eg as is common in desk workers who are right handed).

It is less common to impinge on brachial plexus with a barbell and as the superior portion would be most affected that would usually manifest as shoulder or lateral arm discomfort.

Any of the above may be exacerbated by technique or some asymmetric positioning in your lift.

I'd be happy to refine the possible options if you could give more information on where in the arm you feel the tingling and pain, but it may be worth touching base with your doctor to get a real-world answer.

Hope that helps!

I don't usually get a weird tingling in my arm when i squat but i do when i do some push ups. Try stretching your arms and shoulders before each set?