• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Dealing with elevators frequently in my line of work, I'm told by the technicians of the safety mechanism that are put in place in order to stop lift accidents from occurring..., by way of literally stopping the lift. Usually there are 4 safety mechanism that would kick in if and when a lift sensor picks up something unusual, like for example a tape or a cloth that is placed in the path of the elevator door.

It is understandable that whenever a lift accident does occur, the victim is often one working on that lift. Either through disabling certain safety mechanism, or overriding something. It's very unfortunate what occurred on that ship.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Adrian.

Didn't read OP link but I remember being in an Elevator once, coming down from the 10th floor. We were supposed to get out at the 4th floor. The lift just kept on dropping. I looked at my workmate with my finger about to hit the emergency stop button and said "should I hit it". He goes, "nah, we'll be here all day if you do!" LOL. Eventually the Lift stopped at the ground floor without a splatt.

Freaky experience.

Hey Fadi experience with Alimaks or elevators ?!?!
Not sure I understand your question Jake. I am not an elevator technician, however I see what technicians do when lifts are stuck etc. It's Kone elevators' techs I deal with.

Not sure I understand your question Jake. I am not an elevator technician, however I see what technicians do when lifts are stuck etc. It's Kone elevators' techs I deal with.

Sorry Fadi an Alimak is basically an elevator temporarily attached to the outside of a high rise during construction . Thought you might have been in a similar construction job/career .