• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi Fadi!

I have not read in detail Abadjiev's work. I should. I've got time in the coming weeks...shall look into it! (not that it will really apply to myself - i just like reading about training and all of its nuances).
I do somewhat agree with the specificity argument, but for what i do, performing solely the competition movements (IMO) won't develop all the required musculature one would eventually need to be successful in their quest for specific strength.
For beginners, anything works, so training specifically for PL (when talking PL anyway) is probably the best idea. for a very advanced lifter (they already have i assume a very comprehensive base to work with), training more specific is again probably the best idea...But for an intermediate lifter (most people who have lifted for a good while) a mixture of both is probably a good idea to continue along the road of advanced status.

But anyway, i'm yabbering and getting off topic.

what a kunce.

Hi Fadi!

I have not read in detail Abadjiev's work. I should. I've got time in the coming weeks...shall look into it! (not that it will really apply to myself - i just like reading about training and all of its nuances).
I do somewhat agree with the specificity argument, but for what i do, performing solely the competition movements (IMO) won't develop all the required musculature one would eventually need to be successful in their quest for specific strength.
For beginners, anything works, so training specifically for PL (when talking PL anyway) is probably the best idea. for a very advanced lifter (they already have i assume a very comprehensive base to work with), training more specific is again probably the best idea...But for an intermediate lifter (most people who have lifted for a good while) a mixture of both is probably a good idea to continue along the road of advanced status.

But anyway, i'm yabbering and getting off topic.

what a kunce.
Your points are very valid Tim. So much so that even Ivan's philosophy was developed over time, that principle where he began to reduce all complimentary lifts, ending up with just the three, namely the clean & jerk, snatch, and front squat (back squat if the lifter was injured somewhat). You're 100% on the right track with that "craving knowledge" attitude of yours champ. All the best with your lifting Tim.