• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
@Repacked; the initial subject was put forward that Islam can be quite a brutal Religion. The topic of Apostacy was mentioned. I then looked it up as I wasn't sure about it and found that it is punishable by Death by Muslims as stated by numerous websites INCLUDING Wikipedia.

I now have to reverse my previous defense of Islam and am starting to agree with others, that based on my further research Islam can be quite brutal and this brutality is totally at odds with Christianity.

But read the Bible quote above, it says that worshippers of other gods should be stoned to death. Sounds like those Christians are a brutal lot.

I won't say anymore after this, despite what the Quran may or may not teach, we only have to look at what's happening around us and the actions of Muslims both here and around the world and we see no evidence of a peaceful religion.
For the past two thousand years the followers of this faith haven't been able to live in peace with each other let alone the rest of the world, their actions speak far louder than any written word.

And despite what has been said here, it is clear that apostates can be killed for denouncing their faith, and as we've seen in the video posted earlier, a person can be and is killed for merely being accused of burning a copy of the Quran, again it's actions that tell the truth and not words.

Last edited:
But read the Bible quote above, it says that worshippers of other gods should be stoned to death. Sounds like those Christians are a brutal lot.

You are showing your lack of knowledge of Christianity here Repacked. That is Old Testament. The New Testament overrides the Old Testament. Jesus Christ came to die for all our sins (New Testament).

No where and never would a Christian do that (stone anyone to Death). I don't think even a Jew (Old Testament) would.

Not one of these 'discussions', and I use the term very very loosely, on here about this topic has achieved anything but anxt and insult, so I loathe to even get involved these days. However I am not trying to push any agenda or change anyone's mind, just trying to be a voice of reason. You're a big boy, you can form your own opinions, but make sure you give both sides of the argument equal ear time.

You are showing your lack of knowledge of Christianity here Repacked. That is Old Testament. The New Testament overrides the Old Testament. Jesus Christ came to die for all our sins (New Testament). No where and never would a Christian do that. I don't think even a Jew (Old Testament) would.

What rubbish. Every true fundamental Christian knows the Old Testament is the only testament, not this diluted New Testament. Next you'll be saying 'but the King James Bible says.....'

Not one of these 'discussions', and I use the term very very loosely, on here about this topic has achieved anything but anxt and insult, so I loathe to even get involved these days. However I am not trying to push any agenda or change anyone's mind, just trying to be a voice of reason. You're a big boy, you can form your own opinions, but make sure you give both sides of the argument equal ear time.

Lol. I have been strongly defending Fadi and Islam for the past year or so. But I have now come to realize that perhaps Islam is not what I thought it to be. My "looking at both sides" has brought me lose a bit of my belief that Islam is similar to Christianity.

TRUE Christianity is a fully peaceful religion. I'm starting to believe Islam is not.

What rubbish. Every true fundamental Christian knows the Old Testament is the only testament, not this diluted New Testament. Next you'll be saying 'but the King James Bible says.....'

Christianity comes from Christ. Jesus Christ came in the New Testament. Why do you think Gideons leave only the New Testament in Hotel rooms. New Testament is more important than the Old Testament to Christians.

You need to do some research!

Last edited:
Just to clarify and I'm not defending Christianity here as I don't have a belief in any god.
Simply put, The Old Testament was written as life and law before Jesus while the New Testament was life and law during and after Jesus.

Jesus Christ died for all our sins. No one would be put to death for rejecting Christianity.

You are absolutely full of shit. Christianity comes from Christ. Jesus Christ came in the New Testament. Why do you think Gideons leave only the New Testament in Hotel rooms. New Testament is more important than the Old Testament to Christians you peanut.

You need to do some research!

Erm...Christianity evolved from Judaism which was around well before Christ. Jesus was a Jew who supposedly quoted Judaic texts. It wasn't a whole new ball game invented overnight. Maybe you should do some research....peanut.

Just to clarify and I'm not defending Christianity here as I don't have a belief in any god.
Simply put, The Old Testament was written as life and law before Jesus while the New Testament was life and law during and after Jesus.

Thanks for clarifying that numnuts. It was tongue-in-cheek.

Erm...Christianity evolved from Judaism which was around well before Christ. Jesus was a Jew who supposedly quoted Judaic texts. It wasn't a whole new ball game invented overnight. Maybe you should do some research....peanut.

No. Jesus Christ came along a long time after the events of the Old Testament. Jews are not Christians as they do not believe in Christ (Jesus Christ). Jews only believe in the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ died for all our sins, even the "sin" of rejecting Christianity. No one would be put to death by Christians for rejecting Christianity.

No. Jesus Christ came along a long time after the events of the Old Testament. Jews are not Christians as they do not believe in Christ (Jesus Christ). Jews only believe in the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ died for all our sins, even the "sin" of rejecting Christianity. No one would be put to death by Christians for rejecting Christianity.

No worries Stiffy. There is no historical relationship between Judaism and Christianity.

I've just come back from Lebanon three weeks ago. There are places there where a Muslim is not welcomed because the whole town is a Christian one. Can not buy land, live in a unit, or own a shop there. Yet, the village I spend my childhood at, has a mosque and a church that share the same fence between them, with a Muslim freely walking in that church, and likewise his Christian mate is more than welcome in the mosque. Same country, same people, yet some with a totally different mentality. What do I say, and how do I feel about it? Ultimately, each to his own, live and let live is what I say. I hold no grudges against you if you believe what I do or don't. We're all here for a short time, then we're gone. Leaving our kids behind with either the attitude of acceptance and love, or rejection and hate based on our differences. I'm doing my bit to bridge whatever gap there exists between us. What are you doing? It's time to reflect.

No worries Stiffy. There is no historical relationship between Judaism and Christianity.

I stated that Jesus Christ came a long time after the events of the Old Testament. Therefore "sins" as deemed by the Old Testament would be forgiven by Jesus Christ dying on the Cross.

Once again, you stated that Christians or anyone would be stoned to death for rejecting Christianity. That is totally false as Jesus Christ died for all our sins including rejecting Christianity.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ died for all our sins. No one would be put to death for rejecting Christianity.

We're getting way OT, but let me make one last point. You said recently that a true Christian does not condone killing in any way. Then why this verse from the New Testament which condones capital punishment, seemingly contradicting one of the commandments?

• [*=1]Romans 13:1-4, "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."

And you accuse Barry of using Strawman arguments. :D I stated that Jesus Christ came a long time after the events of the Old Testament. Therefore "sins" as deemed by the Old Testament would be forgiven by Jesus Christ dying on the Cross.

Once again, you stated that Christians or anyone would be stoned to death for rejecting Christianity. That is totally false as Jesus Christ died for all our sins including rejecting Christianity.

The relationship between Old and New Testament sins and how far Jeebus's absolution extends is beyond me at the moment.