• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
many pa members I have known personally are not my cup of tea; but they probably think same of me.

too educated for me.

Well you did write at least one article bashing IPF as a federation, and you seem to have a history with the PA president, so does that really surprise you?

I don't really care enough to be honest - the activities of PA as an organisation mean almost nothing to me as a lifter.

many pa members I have known personally are not my cup of tea; but they probably think same of me.

too educated for me.

I guess you and [MENTION=12011]vonfram88[/MENTION]; will have to agree to disagree.

To be honest, the organisational and community politics / all-round bullshit is a big turnoff for the 'sport' of powerlifting

All sports are the same. Just look at the new bodybuilding fed started this year in the US. Or any other sport, from kiddy football to the olympics. Take a dump in a hot tub and the shit rises to the surface.

yes, politics in all sports. Even if there was one federation, there would be trouble.

just last year, head of Athletics Australia got dumped after lots of complaints.

PA has some very strange rules. Are you allowed to have a beer with non PA humans even ?
The rules allow it, Robert Wilks is not keen on it. And Robert Wilks is PA. So long as powerlifting has less active participants than synchronised swimming, we'll always get this sort of nonsense. Small pond, big fish.

Hello a friend of mine asked me if he could do a GPC competition and then do a PA competition. Usually people go to GPC when they are banned from PA so my friends desire to compete in both was surprising to me.

Is there any issue for my friend to compete in GPC and then compete in PA competitions?

There is no issue with him competitions with either, though PA could get pissed if he is still a member at GPC when he does a PA comp.

Also, how many people do you know that have been banned from PA and switched to GPC?
I'm run GPC, and I know 0.
GPC doesn't allow banned PA lifters to join until their suspension is served.

And this Bozo guy posting, has no clue what he is talking about.
Disregard his comments.

There is no issue with him competitions with either, though PA could get pissed if he is still a member at GPC when he does a PA comp.

Also, how many people do you know that have been banned from PA and switched to GPC?
I'm run GPC, and I know 0.
GPC doesn't allow banned PA lifters to join until their suspension is served.

And this Bozo guy posting, has no clue what he is talking about.
Disregard his comments.

How do I have no idea what I'm talking about? I quoted directly from the PA regulations on page 1. You can't compete in PA and any federation which does not have a substantially similar anti doping system. According to ASADA, you also can't associate in a professional or training context with anyone who has been banned. Again, the direct quote:

Natural persons shall not be admitted as Members of P.A. if they also, at the time of their application for membership, maintain a membership of or participation in the activities of any powerlifting organisation which does not adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. Further, any person who is a Member of P.A. and,to the satisfaction of the Board, is found to have taken out a membership or participated as a lifter, coach or official in the activities of any powerlifting organisation which does not adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. maybe deemed by ruling of the Board to have forfeited their membership and that membership may be cancelled.

It's well known that people tend to leave PA before they get caught, but that's all just conjecture, because it can't be proved one way or another.

You might disagree with other things I have said, but that is just a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah I forget that you can't actually try and be helpful in the powerlifting section, and that only the opinion of those with a 800+ total counts :rolleyes:

Forgive me, but don't you have 833 posts ....... 834 coming up! :p

How do I have no idea what I'm talking about? I quoted directly from the PA regulations on page 1. You can't compete in PA and any federation which does not have a substantially similar anti doping system. According to ASADA, you also can't associate in a professional or training context with anyone who has been banned. Again, the direct quote:

Natural persons shall not be admitted as Members of P.A. if they also, at the time of their application for membership, maintain a membership of or participation in the activities of any powerlifting organisation which does not adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. Further, any person who is a Member of P.A. and,to the satisfaction of the Board, is found to have taken out a membership or participated as a lifter, coach or official in the activities of any powerlifting organisation which does not adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. maybe deemed by ruling of the Board to have forfeited their membership and that membership may be cancelled.

It's well known that people tend to leave PA before they get caught, but that's all just conjecture, because it can't be proved one way or another.

You might disagree with other things I have said, but that is just a difference of opinion.

You also said that lifters aren't meant to be training with or coached by non-pa affiliated people, that's simply not correct.

I coach a number of PA lifters, and they train in my gym. I run GPC, so I'm 100% not affiliated with PA.

Equipment specifications was also bought up, whippy bars and monolifts.
Unlike "PA affiliated gyms", good powerlifting gyms will have the correct equipment for all Feds, like I do. If you compete in PA, don't use our deadlift or squat bars, and use the eleikos and squat stands instead.

Rather than ask why would someone train at a non PA gym, I'd ask why not.