• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So many points raised, however I'll comment on just one (which was constantly repeated by the way). You'll find it between 5:00 and 5:06, where Rich talks about doing whatever it took to get there (and his reasoning behind that is what I have an issue with)...because, (as he continues to reason)..., because that's the champion's mindset.

Well no, that's not a champion's mindset, but an ignorant 18 year old mindset. I don't get the impression that at 45, Rich has actually changed from that particular mindset. Sure he has modified his way of thinking based on his experience, but he does not (anywhere in his video) negate the fact that a champion's mindset is equated with doing whatever it takes to win etc. Just my point of view after watching Rich's video.

Interesting take [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION] ;
I can see where you're coming from but it depends on what your goals are.
If he was competing on a playing field that was far from even then you would do what the other guys are doing (and then some) in order to win. If that means training a different way or eating 7,000 cals, you do it. If it means taking gear then that's what you do.
To make my point/perspective a bit clearer, have a look at the extreme. If you have a childhood dream to win the Olympia, it is a requirement to use gear. There's no other way you're going to win. There is no way of naturally building that much muscle to compete and if you want to win bad enough then you'll do what it takes. If you don't want to use gear then you opt for plan B and follow the natural route but you won't be competing for a Sandow.

Again, thank you for providing a different view but I tend to believe Rich here.

Interesting take @Fadi ;
I can see where you're coming from but it depends on what your goals are.
If he was competing on a playing field that was far from even then you would do what the other guys are doing (and then some) in order to win. If that means training a different way or eating 7,000 cals, you do it. If it means taking gear then that's what you do.
To make my point/perspective a bit clearer, have a look at the extreme. If you have a childhood dream to win the Olympia, it is a requirement to use gear. There's no other way you're going to win. There is no way of naturally building that much muscle to compete and if you want to win bad enough then you'll do what it takes. If you don't want to use gear then you opt for plan B and follow the natural route but you won't be competing for a Sandow.

Again, thank you for providing a different view but I tend to believe Rich here.
Actually I agree with you. I find that the only person you'd be cheating in a steroid taking contest is yourself if you chose to enter it clean so to speak. My point was the association of the title "champion" with the attitude of "do whatever it takes." It's a fine line here, between doing what is necessary to win, and "whatever it takes to win". As Rich himself has said later on in his video, he now realises that he did not have to take the attitude of "more is better" as when he was 18. In other words (at least to me), it doesn't always have to be "do whatever it takes to win", but rather because one has a champion's attitude, one does what is necessary to win. And "necessary", needs not be equated with "whatever it takes" attitude. I think we're on the same page, you tell me. Thank you.