• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Watch arrived yesterday, set it all up this morning.

First Impressions
- I like the general look of it
- it fits well
- I still think it has a 'cheap' feel to it, and should probably cost no more that about $20-30, I think 29.95 would be reasonable.

But only time will tell on how it holds up.

"and should probably cost no more that about $20-30, I think 29.95 would be reasonable."

That was funny, if it was meant to be.

$129 delivered which seemed to be a good deal compared to other pricing, and I bought it in Australia rather than from Asia, which had me concerned about fakes.

Turned up in a genuine Casio box, with a thick instruction manual, I only just set the time and date this morning will learn some of the other functions tonight I think, I want to set a couple of alarms.

and I bought it in Australia rather than from Asia, which had me concerned about fakes.

I bought a whole bunch of fakes when I was in South East Asia. All are between $10-50, depending on the brand they're trying to copy. A good alternative if you just wear watches for the appearance. But they all stopped working within 2 months.

Yeah that is a good price for a full sized G-Shock.

Many places are having sales on particular colours that aren't selling well. Picked this one up the other day for my girlfriend, with a $70 discount on sale. There's no way the baby G-Shock watches would fit a male's wrist though.

g-shock-baby-g-ba-112-7aer-3.jpg

I quite like the look of that for a girl's watch, would buy that for my daughter at $70, any more where that came from?

EDIT:

Just re read, what you wrote, $70 discount....how much did you pay for the watch??

EDIT EDIT :

These seem to be going for around $140, so $70 discount would make it $70 anyway, did they have the black ones??

Let me know either way as I am definitely interested in one for my daughters birthday present. (christmas is already covered)

Last edited:
Sorry, should have been clearer on price. In store they were $240 and I got it for $170. Where are you seeing them for $140, ebay?

They had some in store for $130. But they looked pretty ugly, gold on gold.

Yeah, they have black and other colours.

moYqu-nOVGgOH5aDZLY_7-g.jpg

ridesTheWave_pressthumb.jpg

I think I quite like the black one for my daughter, would suit her lifestyle more, as the white one would end up black as most of her time is spend outdoors with dogs and horses and sports.

Sorry, should have been clearer on price. In store they were $240 and I got it for $170. Where are you seeing them for $140, ebay?

They had some in store for $130. But they looked pretty ugly, gold on gold.

Yeah, they have black and other colours.

moYqu-nOVGgOH5aDZLY_7-g.jpg

ridesTheWave_pressthumb.jpg

Yep eBay, we buy most things online as we have no shops where I live, closest shop is 100km away for basic essentials, closest Bunnings around 300km, closest shop where you could buy watch like this around 300km.

Here is an Aussie seller :

Black:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331517683493?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

White:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/371488129036?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Will have a think about it as her birthday is still a little while off, but for $70 would have grabbed it now and put it aside for her.

Oh yeah, that's fair enough.

I wanted to go in store and see if they looked a bit cheap in person. And I'm happy to pay an extra $20 to be covered under Australian Consumer Law.

there are a few Aussie sites selling baby-g for about $140 delivered, a friend just got one about 2mths ago.

I thought mine looked a bit cheap in person when it arrived yesterday so was not 100% sure on it when I first got it, been wearing it since this morning and it's already growing on me. The display is definitely great to read outdoors in the bright sun.

Will wear it for a few weeks and if I am still happy I might order the black one for my daughter next year a bit closer to her birthday, she is starting high school next year so will probably need a watch as she is not getting a phone at this stage.

there are a few Aussie sites selling baby-g for about $140 delivered, a friend just got one about 2mths ago.

Yeah personally with stuff like this I only buy from Aussie sellers preferably with an actual shop front, when buying from Asia or overseas it's hard to get resolution if it all goes to shit or they send a replica watch worth $2.

Are you sure that's what she would like though [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

Imagine spending all that dosh and she gets mad that you didn't buy her the lastest fitbit jawbone that every fit chick appear to be wearing these days