• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
J

janicecoburn

Raging Lion Know your limits, and push yourself in an exercise to the point at which you hit that limit. For every set, push to continue until you cannot continue with a single additional rep. You can shorten your sets when you start to get tired, but do not stop until you have no energy left to continue. Remember that nobody is going to give you a prize for finishing your workout quickly. Resist the urge to rush through exercise sets and blast through your reps as fast as you can. Using slow and controlled movement will incorporate more muscle fibers and actually be more effective because it eliminates momentum

Last edited by a moderator:
56041508.jpg

Agree with Janicecoburn, I started when i hurt my shoulder doing heavy pushs, i restart after a week, doing 80% of my sets very slow reps (8 sec each), of course you'll use lighter waight than before. My buddy even though he saw my results, he will never do it because he feel too ashamed of light weights but hes more like mesomorph, im 6.3ft/100kg 7% bf.
I will keep doing slow reps, no joint pain at all because the form is of course perfect going slow and feel more mind-muscle and athrophy. You just need more focus and patience

For every set, push to continue until you cannot continue with a single additional rep.
Personally, I would qualify that (or end that) by saying...when the reps are high. For when the reps are low, the nervous system takes more of a hammering, that it may be enough for the muscles to recover, but not so you as a whole. That's why some bodybuilders may feel their muscles have recovered, yet feel too lethargic to contemplate another gym workout. That would be due to nervous system fatigue, or lack of recovery. Of course, this state occurs only if one was to follow that advice of "continue until you cannot continue with a single additional rep"... without paying heed to the number of or the performance's intensity of those low reps.