• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DocOrange

HI All, interesting in trying a pre-workout supplement, but trawling around on here, despite the heaps of helpful reviews, there doesn't seem to be any stand out product. Recommendations? Or is it such a broad area that you just pick one and go with it for a while?
Cheers

I got given some Universal Nutrition Shock Therapy, used it two or three times, definitely hypes you up, but I am not a fan of the feeling, and my workouts don't last long enough and I feel jittery after my workout so now it just sits in my cupboard.

I should probably do a weekly marathon workout and use it up once a week.

Unfortunately it's personal preference and they affect different people differently, I remember having a pre-workout sample handed out as a body building show (can't remember the brand) I went to and it made me feel sick, as in ready to throw up and completely fucked my workout.

May be see if you can score some samples and try them out before you commit the best part of $100.

Personally I would not bother with them, may be have a strong coffee or a can of red bull before training of you are feeling flat.

Then you probably want a product with ingredients that give you a pump, specifically glycerol. The one I am trialling now is Conq3or Unleashed and that pumps me up real good. I believe you can still get it at intro prices at nutra plane t.

Great focus, lots of energy, essentially the 'I don't want to leave the gym eva' feeling. The crash is minimal which is saying a lot coming from me coz I normally crash hard as fukken.

Could even go for some cit malate, agmatine, other nitrates and make ya own. Add in beta alanine for a tingle as well

So do I ask a really dumb question, pump means muscle pump during and after the workout? How long does the effect last?

If you want a pump focused pre workout that's low in stims and is relatively cheap, go some BSN NO Xplode. It's about $1 a serve and worked well for me. Pumps will usually last 60-90 minutes.