• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
They have had me strapping/tapping my knee. Just over the top of the knee cap and tapping it so it pushed the knee cap over slightly. This did help a lot at work as I am on my feet all day....(work in construction) up and down ladders/scaffold etc.

But it feels like I can not fully activate the right quad, like on leg extensions at light weight I can notice that feeling/pain over the knee cap region.

Does it ache at random times? Like sitting in the car etc
Cheers

Does yours hurt when your knee is bent. That used to kill me.

Does yours hurt when your knee is bent. That used to kill me.

Sometimes...its random. For example if I am on my feet all day at work and sitting down having lunch its fine. But then when I jump in the car after work to drive home that's when I notice it. But it might not do it for a week then it will come back. Frustrating it is.
Do you still get pain?

They have had me strapping/tapping my knee. Just over the top of the knee cap and tapping it so it pushed the knee cap over slightly. This did help a lot at work as I am on my feet all day....(work in construction) up and down ladders/scaffold etc.

But it feels like I can not fully activate the right quad, like on leg extensions at light weight I can notice that feeling/pain over the knee cap region.

Does it ache at random times? Like sitting in the car etc
Cheers

No , no aches unless I front squat..., however anything apart from catching a weight in a low clean position...at times too deep that a bounce is necessary, would pale into insignificance as far as patella damage is concerned. I don't like that over the knee wrapping, as the only place in need of stabilisation is below the knee and not above it. The anomaly here is that Olympic weightlifters world wide wrap the bandage just under the knee, until they get injured, the physiotherapist wants to wrap it above the knee etc..., something is not adding up that's for sure.

Please do whatever you've been advised to do, but more importantly, don't be shy to give your physiotherapist some feedback and suggestions on trying different wrapping locations in order to find what suites you best in the real world and not just according to some text book on the body's biomechanics. I wish you all the best.

Sometimes...its random. For example if I am on my feet all day at work and sitting down having lunch its fine. But then when I jump in the car after work to drive home that's when I notice it. But it might not do it for a week then it will come back. Frustrating it is.
Do you still get pain?

Thank god not anymore. Little bit sore after the first couple footy trainings but hopefully it won't come back. I think the pain has scared me for life. Lol.

To what Fadi said. I had every Physio want to tape below the knee. Never helped though.

Fadi and Bazza have covered pretty much everything here
In my own experience with working with people, keeping the shins vertical while squatting also helps. This is because it reduces any torque on the knee- the force of gravity is acting straight down through the lower leg

The secret to vertical shins is not sitting back- it's opening the groin. Weightlifting shoes aid massively in this because you can then use more hip extension and abduction while remaining (more) upright with the torso

Feels like I have fully recovered from this and my squats and deads have been pretty good with out any of the pain in the Knee area.

I spoke to a Pt trainer at the gym and he gave me a program to work with over the last 8 weeks . It has definitely helped. A lot of the stuff I was instructed to do was to activate my glutes more. Mostly body weight stuff I was doing but it sure did get my muscles sore .
These are some of the exercises that I was doing:
Buso ball lunge
Walking lunges
Wall sit
single leg leg press
stiff leg DL
power bag, shouldering to a side load press
High- low wood chops
Power bag cleans
KB front squats
Ice cream maker regression
lunge rows.

I couldn't believe how fucked I was after doing some of these exercises. Along with some self care...foam rolling, trigger points and more stretching this has been amazing and no more discomfort in the knee and much more confident in my leg work outs now.

Not knee but I think I am too suffering from shoulder tendonitis. Its pretty bad now. Not able to do shoulder work out properly.