• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Are you a pro athlete. If yes listen to your coaches. If no just train the way you most enjoy. This is a hobby and sticking long term is the way to get results.

This is true, but it should at least be a logical system where increasing volume is easy over many years and you have the ability to apply progressive overlaod

This is true, but it should at least be a logical system where increasing volume is easy over many years and you have the ability to apply progressive overlaod
Just to clarify...are you saying one ought to increase volume over the years, or that volume ought to feel easier over the years?

Why do all the Powerlifters say 5/3/1 doesn't have enough Volume? Well add some fucken volume then! If a Bodybuilder or any other kunce feels they aren't getting enough volume they will add some. Can't Powerlifters think for themselves?

Yeah Big Mickey, Restuffed and Barry hit the nail on the head. The best routine is the one you'll do consistently and with enough volume and intensity.

Natural lifters really should be Powerbuilders - PHAT, 5/3/1 BBB Template 2, Push Pull Legs with varying rep ranges. etc

Last edited:
Why do all the Powerlifters say 5/3/1 doesn't have enough Volume? Well add some fucken volume then! If a Bodybuilder or any other kunce feels they aren't getting enough volume they will add some. Can't Powerlifters think for themselves?

Yeah Big Mickey, Restuffed and Barry hit the nail on the head. The best routine is the one you'll do consistently and with enough volume and intensity.

Natural lifters really should be Powerbuilders - PHAT, 5/3/1 BBB Template 2, Push Pull Legs with varying rep ranges. etc

5/3/1, I think, was meant for the old clapped out power lifter, not a young buck, or an older bodybuilder type.

i also agree with stuffed, Barry and El yerrg stiff.

Last edited:
Deadlifts, Squats, Dips, Chins, Rows, Presses etc are what made this nation great and will continue the upward surge of mankind for many years to come - mark my words!

So what did you go with [MENTION=16866]panda[/MENTION]; ?
Training buddy of mine is doing canditos program. Working well. He just started his 4th block

No set program yet, taking a couple weeks to work out some little issues before I jump in to something. Don't want to fuck myself up again